Parents Visitor Visa(B2) rejected twice in Hyderabad

yashuk6

Hello,

I've applied Visitor Visa(B2) for my parents twice and both times got rejected. First time(English Interview) was when I was in OPT couple of years back to attend my graduation. Second time(Telugu Interview) is now, when I'm on H-1B here and as a sponsor for their trip. Both times got rejected. I'm very very disappointed? What next?

The question was like 'Who live in US'. My mom heard in different way in Telugu amd she replied wrong answer.

Can my parents still get Visa for 3rd time? When should be the good time to apply?

Hello,

I've applied Visitor Visa(B2) for my parents twice and both times got rejected. First time(English Interview) was when I was in OPT couple of years back to attend my graduation. Second time(Telugu Interview) is now, when I'm on H-1B here and as a sponsor for their trip. Both times got rejected. I'm very very disappointed? What next?

The question was like 'Who live in US'. My mom heard in different way in Telugu amd she replied wrong answer.

Can my parents still get Visa for 3rd time? When should be the good time to apply?

Care to let us know reason for rejections? There is no sponsorship involved in visitor's visa. They should be able to demonstrate strong ties to home country. Take the help of a good immigration attorney.

In first Interview, they told me as a sponsor(when I was a student).

In Second Interview, she asked 'america lo evaru unnaru'. But my mom heard like 'venakala evaru unnaru' and replied as 'evaru leru'

Only 1 question in 2nd interview.

Got it. Get the help of a good immigration attorney to get all documents right. And, ask your mom to double check a question with VO before answering, if she did not hear it properly.

Sorry to hear that. What all documents did you send. Did the visa officer check those supporting documents ? In addition, did you send I-134 for each parent ? or one I-134 for both ?

Hello,

Hi,

I applied B2 visa for my Mother in Law on 27th dec and got rejected.

I was sponsoring her visa since my husband has some issues with his visa.

The interviewer asked her for my husbands documents(not specific) and we did not send his documents and she couldn't show them and got rejected.

She is a widow and a government employee too working in a Designated post.

Do we have chances to get the visa if we don't change the sponsor and send her all the documents of my husband? I have schedule an appointment on 23rd of Jan.

He came on L1 visa which got expired last September,but he has a valid I94 till 2015.

His company did not apply for extension because of the valid I94.

Based on your statement your husband is in good standing in US. What made you conclude that he has some issues with his visa? Anyhow, for a visitor visa there is no sponsorship involved. Take the help of a good immigration attorney to provide you proper guidance.

He came on L1 visa which got expired last September,but he has a valid I94 till 2015.

His company did not apply for extension because of the valid I94.

Its not related to the thread but just fyi.. your husband's I797 has expired as I understand. he is not supposed to be on payroll after that day. I94 gives your husband authorization to stay in US, but I797 gives your husband work permit which has expired. 

Thanks for the response. Because of these confusions I sponsored my Mother in Law's Visa. I am on H1B status. 

So if I send my husbands I94 copy and his employment letter, paystubs and W2 will that work? 

As we have mentioned there is no sponsorship involved. Give your mother-in-law all possible documents. But, she can get her visa only if she is able to establish strong ties to home country. That is the reason why guidance from an attorney would be helpful.

I had the same situation. see this thread http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/69465-joef-rahul412-jairichic-please-help-parents-visa-b2-rejected/

We got approved second time. You may want to wait for few months before applying

Hi,

I applied B2 visa for my Mother in Law on 27th dec and got rejected.

I was sponsoring her visa since my husband has some issues with his visa.

The interviewer asked her for my husbands documents(not specific) and we did not send his documents and she couldn't show them and got rejected.

She is a widow and a government employee too working in a Designated post.

Do we have chances to get the visa if we don't change the sponsor and send her all the documents of my husband? I have schedule an appointment on 23rd of Jan.

Archived