L2 - EAD

ustraveller1

Hi, I am travelling to NY in the first week of Jan on L2. I will be applying for an EAD post that. Can you please let me know how long does it normally take and if there is any way to expedite the process? Also while i am awaiting the EAD in NY can i continue to work with my home country company from home and attend business meetings? The plan is to transfer to the US payroll with the same company once I have the EAD. Please advice.

Hi, I am travelling to NY in the first week of Jan on L2. I will be applying for an EAD post that. Can you please let me know how long does it normally take and if there is any way to expedite the process? Also while i am awaiting the EAD in NY can i continue to work with my home country company from home and attend business meetings? The plan is to transfer to the US payroll with the same company once I have the EAD. Please advice.

It takes anywhere between 2 to 3 months to get EAD. Till you get an EAD approved you are not allowed to work for anyone, whether in US or home country.

Archived