Can I keep my GC on HOLD?

anya1112

Hello,

I am on H1B (valid until Jun 2016) and my current employer filed my green card as well. I have my GC approved (EB2) and my priority date 10-Nov-2012.  I am planning to switch my job now and would like to know,

1. if my NEW employer is willing to transfer H1B and not sponsor for GC - will that be an issue?

2. Since I am planning to stick to my NEW employer only for a year or two, Can I not continue my GC with me NEW employer? and wait for my date to become current THEN process my GC with my employer at that time?

3. In case of #2, will I loose my priority date in future for porting purpose?

Please advise!

Thanks.

I have my GC approved (EB2) and my priority date 10-Nov-2012.  I am planning to switch my job now and would like to know,

How can that be possible. Currently they are processing 2004's applications.

1. if my NEW employer is willing to transfer H1B and not sponsor for GC - will that be an issue?

2. Since I am planning to stick to my NEW employer only for a year or two, Can I not continue my GC with me NEW employer? and wait for my date to become current THEN process my GC with my employer at that time?

3. In case of #2, will I loose my priority date in future for porting purpose

1. GC is for future employment, so if your employer wants to hire you in future then he will continue your GC process else new employer has to sponsor

2.Even if your PD is current your new employer has to file your LC for GC.

3. I think no.

Archived