221G Blue slip - Chennai Consulate - H1B

pss21

Hello,

I have got 221G Blue slip during my H1B visa interview. It is mentioned as Administrative processing and there were no requests to submit any docs from me or my petitioner.

Interview date:  8-OCT-2013

CEAC last status update date: 8-OCT-2013

It has been more than 10 weeks and there is no update so far in CEAC link and I have tried calling couple of times to Chennai Consulate helpdesk number and got at reply that the AAP processing time is different from case to case and I will be intimated once the AAP processing is done. No further clear updates on how long it will take.

Did anyone got this kind of case? Please suggest how to get some clear update on 221G case.

Thanks

Hello,

I have got 221G Blue slip during my H1B visa interview. It is mentioned as Administrative processing and there were no requests to submit any docs from me or my petitioner.

Interview date:  8-OCT-2013

CEAC last status update date: 8-OCT-2013

It has been more than 10 weeks and there is no update so far in CEAC link and I have tried calling couple of times to Chennai Consulate helpdesk number and got at reply that the AAP processing time is different from case to case and I will be intimated once the AAP processing is done. No further clear updates on how long it will take.

Did anyone got this kind of case? Please suggest how to get some clear update on 221G case.

Thanks

You have no other option other than waiting for update to change on CEAC website. There is no specific time limit.

Hi PSS21,

Even im in same boat.My interview dat is nov1st.still no updates.Can you please update ur email id in ur profile.so that will talk more.

Thanks,

Bajarang

jairichi,

Consulate has the project itinerary and the corresponding contracts copy with them. But they not contacted my employer or in-house project clients till now.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Its been 4 months and I still did not have any response from Chennai Consulate. Whenever I call them they respond the same - it is in admin processing and there is no definite timeline. My employer attorney has raised it to legalNet and still no response.

Can anyone share your experience or suggest me if there is any way to expedite this process.

Thanks

I am in the same boat. I had my interview on December 19, 2013 and was handed a blue slip 221g AAP. My client was contacted in second week of Jan. I am really helpless and don't know what to do. This wait is killing me.

Since your client was contacted and if everything went fine then you might expect a favorable reply.

Since your client was contacted and if everything went fine then you might expect a favorable reply.

Thanks jairichi! My client responded back favorably but it has been quiet since then. I had a status update on 23rd of this month in CEAC but nothing has moved since then. Would you happen to know normally how long do these things take after client verification? I would expect that to be one of the final steps. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks jairichi! My client responded back favorably but it has been quiet since then. I had a status update on 23rd of this month in CEAC but nothing has moved since then. Would you happen to know normally how long do these things take after client verification? I would expect that to be one of the final steps. 

Is there any time limit the max we can wait to get the 221g status... My case is not changed since October 8, 2013 (its been 6 months)...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived