How to get EB1 Green Card

saurabh.you

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a quick question to discuss with you, As I am running a consultancy business with my friend, I am on H1b and my friend is GC holder. Is it possible if we have good revenue coming in then at any point i can apply my green card in EB1 category. Please advice is there any way to do that..

Appreciate your response
Saurabh

I have a quick question to discuss with you, As I am running a consultancy business with my friend, I am on H1b and my friend is GC holder. Is it possible if we have good revenue coming in then at any point i can apply my green card in EB1 category. Please advice is there any way to do that..

EB1 is for people with Extraordinary Ability. Do you come under this category??

Take a look at this : http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-first-preference-eb-1

Moreover, on H1 you cannot involve or do any business. So are you involved in this consultancy business directly or not??

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a quick question to discuss with you, As I am running a consultancy business with my friend, I am on H1b and my friend is GC holder.

If you are running a business on H1, you are out of status.

On H1, you can ONLY work for your employer.

You won't be able to get EB1, you most likely won't be able to get a GC in any category.

There is EB5 category which is current now, its for people who can invest 1 million dollars or more in business in US, so if you being a non working partner in your friend's company can generate more than 1 million dollars revenue and show it as investment in US, I think you can apply for EB5 for Enterpreneur Visa and get GC in 6 months. Check with a good lawyer and take it forward.

Archived