W2 form and 1040 form for Visitor Visa

yashuk6

Hi,

I've applied for Visitor Visa-B2 for my parents. I'm recently got H-1B and have W2 and 1040 form. I got these forms when I worked under OPT. I was previously a student in University, and used to work in University. Do u think I should also send the W2 and 1040 form when I was a student too. Or the W2 and 1040 forms in the period of OPT are enough?

Please suggest me. Thank You.

Hi,

I've applied for Visitor Visa-B2 for my parents. I'm recently got H-1B and have W2 and 1040 form. I got these forms when I worked under OPT. I was previously a student in University, and used to work in University. Do u think I should also send the W2 and 1040 form when I was a student too. Or the W2 and 1040 forms in the period of OPT are enough?

Please suggest me. Thank You.

Send every document possible. But, you understand that approval of a visitor visa for your parents is based on their credentials and showing strong ties to home country.

I found that I have 1040 forms for all years I worked for, but not W2's for the first two years when I was a student. If I just send 1040 forms for those years, does that matter?

As JoeF mentioned your documents are not essential as visitor visa is issued based on your parents' documents. But, no harm in sending yours.

Archived