I94 Extension with valid visa

VisaHolder1

Hi,

I have my US Visa valid till 2015 while my I94 expires in Feb2014. What are my options of getting it renewed,

a. Do I need to travel out of US for this. If yes, Will travelling to Canada will work. Do I need to stay there for some specific time period to get my new I94 date

b. Do I any options of visiting any CBP office for getting this done. If yes, do I have to go to the same office where I got my I94 date initially or any CBP office will do.

c. Filling extension with USCIS. Time duration it takes for this to happen.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have my US Visa valid till 2015 while my I94 expires in Feb2014. What are my options of getting it renewed,

a. Do I need to travel out of US for this. If yes, Will travelling to Canada will work. Do I need to stay there for some specific time period to get my new I94 date

b. Do I any options of visiting any CBP office for getting this done. If yes, do I have to go to the same office where I got my I94 date initially or any CBP office will do.

c. Filling extension with USCIS. Time duration it takes for this to happen.

Thanks in advance.

Your employer can file for extension. 

Hi Jairichi

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned since my I94 is going to expire by Feb 2014 Want to know the app. time if takes for this process.

and number of days before which we need to file it.

There is a huge backlog with USCIS now. Expect approval in 3 t0 4 months by regular processing or 15 calendar days by premium processing.

Hi Jairichi,

Any possibility on getting I94 date extended by visiting CBP office for above case as I have heard people getting I94 date extended whenever they renew their passport.

Thanks.

What is the I797 validity date? If your petition has validity date till 2015 you could cross the border and get a new I94. Or else you need your H1B extension approved to get an I94.

You could try visiting CBP office but I would not be too positive about the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i want to extend the period of my valid i-94 on my old passport unitl visa expiry date with my new passport and i have a valid visa. can i get this done at nearest CBP office? if so what is the procedure. Do i have to fill any forms etc? what is the process if i chose to go with other option which is travelling outside of US, will i automatically get new extended i-94 irrespective of country i travel, during reentry or is there any specific conditions to be met.? Thanks in advance for your response. 

Archived