H1B renewal Toronto- Stuck with 221g Green-Travel India

srma

Hello All,

Had interview at the US consulate, Toronto on Dec 13th.

As many have posted on the forum, inspite of have MS degree from states and continously working in the same field as degree and having had H1b firt time stamping done in India, I thought it would be ok to come to Canada for renewal of the H1b visa and in the meantime also visit my friend whom i havent seen in 5 years.

Alas, I was slapped with the 221g and now stuck here indefinately. I also have a trip planned to India in one week from US and now will have to cancel that too and lose money there.

Plus took a rental car, which i cannot return and losing money there too. Plus hassles of work from home etc.

Anyway after my lamenting about sorrows similar to all of you, here is my question.

Since the timeline for this administrative processing is not specific, would it be advisible to just to to India from Canada and return to Canada based on when they ask to submit the passport?

I have my passport with me with multiple entry visa to canada.

Please advise.

Thank you

Sushmitha

Hello All,

Had interview at the US consulate, Toronto on Dec 13th.

As many have posted on the forum, inspite of have MS degree from states and continously working in the same field as degree and having had H1b firt time stamping done in India, I thought it would be ok to come to Canada for renewal of the H1b visa and in the meantime also visit my friend whom i havent seen in 5 years.

Alas, I was slapped with the 221g and now stuck here indefinately. I also have a trip planned to India in one week from US and now will have to cancel that too and lose money there.

Plus took a rental car, which i cannot return and losing money there too. Plus hassles of work from home etc.

Anyway after my lamenting about sorrows similar to all of you, here is my question.

Since the timeline for this administrative processing is not specific, would it be advisible to just to to India from Canada and return to Canada based on when they ask to submit the passport?

I have my passport with me with multiple entry visa to canada.

Please advise.

Thank you

Sushmitha

Yes you could travel to Indian and once requested for passport at US consulate you can return to Canada and then enter US. Check whether your Canada visitor visa allows multiple entries.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived