H1B Visa stamping at Toronto - No PIMS

w4a

I had a visa interview on 11th Dec at Toronto consulate. 

DS 160 was marked with No PIMS.

Interview went smooth.

VO confirmed me that would recommend for the approval, however it has to go through PIMS verification.

As per VO it would take a week more.

So far no update other than update to the status update and still showing "Administrative Processing".

Any one went for the interview around the same time and having similar issue, please share your experience and also any update to your case.

Hello Guys,

I am also in same boat. I had an interview on 16th December , 2013 at toronto consulate and he took my paspport and I -797 and said please check in a week and I do not have any idea what doest it mean. weather it is approved PIMS Issue.  I have checked the status and it says in Adminstrative Processing.

Please let me know if you had the same experience or if you know the approximate timeline.

Hi folks,

I've same issue. At first window while verifying DS160 confirmation and passport, the lady wrote NO PIMS. My H1B amendment was approved on 3rd December. 

I had appointment at Toronto consulate on 19th dec. VO asked me few questions(didn't ask for any documents) and said your visa is provisionally approved but we couldn't verify your documents in our PIMS database. He kept my Passport and I 797 with him and handed me white paper(No 221g) with information on how to track document's status. I asked how long will it take and he responded around 1 week.

Did VO or lady at first window asked you guys for photographs? They didn't ask photograph from me.

I checked my document status on Applicant information page. It still doesn't display two new fields Applicant Status and Loomis waybill no. as mentioned in white paper provided by VO.

I check my visa application status on CEAC website and it says admin processing with case creation date and status updated date as 19th dec.

Now its very uncertain how long will it take.

Hello Guys,

I am also in same boat. I had an interview on 16th December , 2013 at toronto consulate and he took my paspport and I -797 and said please check in a week and I do not have any idea what doest it mean. weather it is approved PIMS Issue.  I have checked the status and it says in Adminstrative Processing.

Please let me know if you had the same experience or if you know the approximate timeline.

My interview was also on the 16th... at the first counter the lady marked PIMS OK...the VO took my passport and 797 and all other things true as yours...the status says admin processing. no documents asked...very few questions asked as well... like if i was coming for visa renewal and what do i work as...thats it..

I checked my visa application status again on CEAC website and it still says admin processing  but status updated date is changed to 20th dec. 

What does that even mean??

it means they are reviewing your case before mine :) Every time an update is recorded, it means your case is being reviewed which is good.

Hi friends,

I faced the similar situation at Toronto Consulate on Dec 19th . The lady at the first counter wrote NO PIMS on DS 160 as she couldnt find info she was looking for in the system. Photographs were taken before allowing inside. 

During the interview, VO asked few general questions  about my education, job, employer and duration for which I was working for? He looked into the system and typed something and asked why I chose to come to Toronto to get stamped and not in home country. Gave him explanation that I couldnt afford to take leave and was permitted only for a limited time. so chose Toronto instead. He gave me the yellow slip and passport back saying they dont have enough details in the system and my case would require administrative processing. Dint ask for any documents. He said it might take some time and did not give specific time frame. He asked me to wait till I hear from the consulate.

My status was showing as ready for interview till this morning. It got updated to Administrative processing this afternoon when I checked again. How long is the typical wait time in this scenario. I got yellow 221 G slip and returned passport.  I 797 was taken.

Please inform if you hear anything from consulate again.

Hello All,

My CEAC status just changed to Issued and msg says it is in the final processing but I still don't see waybill no. on CSC website. How long does it take to receive waybill no. on CSC? Can I receive my passport and 797 back by tomorrow COB? I need to book ticket to go back.

Thanks...

Hello All,

My CEAC status just changed to Issued and msg says it is in the final processing but I still don't see waybill no. on CSC website. How long does it take to receive waybill no. on CSC? Can I receive my passport and 797 back by tomorrow COB? I need to book ticket to go back.

Thanks...

Congrats @ abc123

Chill...your waiting time is over...and you get it soon.....a matter of one or 2 days.....

Hello All,

Thanks...

How many days did it take to get passport from date the status changed to Issued?

Loomis pickup or counslate?

@abc321 && @hitsandeep:  Congrats to both of you on approval.

@hitsandeep: When did your status get updated? You had same case as mine right(221G Yellow) ? How many updates did you have from the date of interview? Please reply back.

@hitby221g

I did not receive a clearance email yet. 

Status still says Admin processing.

My status got updated twice

Interview - 13 Dec

Update - 31 Dec

Update - 2 Jan

I went to consulate on  2 jan to find out status, she checked in the system, and told i can submit passport now if i want, and i did submitted.

She said to wait for Loomis email to pickup passport.

I am really unsure why she took my passport, is that my Visa approved, then why did my status dint updated untill now and why  i cannot pickup from consulate and when will i get an email from Loomis?

@all : My manager was contacted last friday by the immigration. They asked him about project and start and end dates of my contract. He provided the info and updated me this morning. I checked the CEAC website but there is no update yet. How long will it take from this point? Can anyone shed some light? Thank you

@all : My manager was contacted last friday by the immigration. They asked him about project and start and end dates of my contract. He provided the info and updated me this morning. I checked the CEAC website but there is no update yet. How long will it take from this point? Can anyone shed some light? Thank you

Hi hitby221g,

My manager was contacted today (Monday 6th Jan)...Maybe it will take the same time for the 2 of us..Any idea how much time...???Do they have your passport...Coz my passport and 797 is with them...

Guys Update - 221G Yellow Slip

Interview Date: 13 Dec 13  ( I think Bad day for Numbers)

Gave Back Passport and Yellow Slip and Kept I797 + 6months Paycheck + 2 yrs W2

Update Date : 18 Dec 13 - To submit H1 Docs as submitted to USCIS

Update Date:    31 Dec 13 ( Same Numbers)

Update Date:    02 Jan 14

With Curiosity went to consulate to find out status, and she checked system and asked to submit passport if possible

Update Date:    06 Jan 14

Final Update:    07 Jan 14  - Issued

No contacts have been made with my Employer or Client.

Waiting for Loomis Email.

Hope this help you guys in keeping your self cool.... it will come, but not sure when. ATB

@jdjoe: They returned my passport :(   Is your case yellow 221G as well?? I have to submit passport once they approve it.

Mine was an approved case.... I received a mail 20 days later saying that it was suspended under 221g...They have not returned my passport and 797 form...Any idea how many days would it take once the client is contacted..??

Archived