OPT to H1B Stamping First time

snayani8541

Hi friends,

I came to USA on F1 and also finished 17-month OPT period. My H1 started in October 2012 but I have never to my home country - India after my H1 started. I last visited India in December 2009-January 2010. I have question about the I-94 printout that everyone is talking about.

Are we required to take additional documents with regard to I-94 or as I am going for my stamping first time, the regular documents as mentioned in visa requirements will be sufficient enough ?

I am planning to go to India in March 2014 and will go for stamping at that time.

Please suggest.

Regards

Hi friends,

I came to USA on F1 and also finished 17-month OPT period. My H1 started in October 2012 but I have never to my home country - India after my H1 started. I last visited India in December 2009-January 2010. I have question about the I-94 printout that everyone is talking about.

Are we required to take additional documents with regard to I-94 or as I am going for my stamping first time, the regular documents as mentioned in visa requirements will be sufficient enough ?

I am planning to go to India in March 2014 and will go for stamping at that time.

Please suggest.

Regards

Just carry the general documents... you dont have to carry any I-94 print out other than the one you last got at port of entry. Actually you wont have any I-94 available online untill you go out of the country and come back now.

This online system started from May 21,2013. So next year when you come back to US get the print out for next travel.

More info is here

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/cbp-begins-implementation-form-i-94-automation

Hi friends,

Please suggest.

Regards

No. You don't need to carry any additional documents In regards to I-94. Make sure you mention the previous entry dates into US on DS forms.

Good Luck

Archived