Best Us Consulate in Canada to get H1B Visa Stamped

softlead

Hi,

I came to US in 2004 on F1 and did my Masters here.

Been working on H1 since 2008 and I140 approved.

I am in boston right now.

Looking to go to canada for H1 B Visa stamping.

Please share your thoughts regarding which consulate in Canada is best to get the stamping done in terms of least risk.

Regards

Hi,

Please share your thoughts regarding which consulate in Canada is best to get the stamping done in terms of least risk.

Regards

Every US consulate in the world is same.

Try avoiding Toronto consulate... The rate of 221(g) admin processing is relatively high... I learnt it the hard way..

I had all the documents, I work as a full time employee, work and H1 papers were all perfect..I have been working in US for past 5+ years.. The consular officer wanted details about my Engg and Masters projects ( which were done 10+ yrs ago).

So even if you have all the docs, you still might get stuck with Admin processing...

One advice...read up on your Engg projects ( and Masters as well, if you have done MS).

Try avoiding Toronto consulate... The rate of 221(g) admin processing is relatively high... I learnt it the hard way..

I had all the documents, I work as a full time employee, work and H1 papers were all perfect..I have been working in US for past 5+ years.. The consular officer wanted details about my Engg and Masters projects ( which were done 10+ yrs ago).

So even if you have all the docs, you still might get stuck with Admin processing...

One advice...read up on your Engg projects ( and Masters as well, if you have done MS).

HI Radhika,

When did you went to this consulate for the interview and can you provide some more information regarding your interview.

Thanks.

I went for the Interview at Toronto Consulate on 29th November. My documentation was all proper. I work full time at the employer location. I have been with this employer for more than 5 years and this is my second extension and stamping, with the same employer. The VO asked the following questions :

(a) How long have you been with your employer ?

(b) Wanted to see my W2s - checked the 2012 W2

© What is your educational background ?

(d) What was your thesis and projects about for your Engg and Masters...

He was obviously not convinced about my projects, so gave me a 221(g) slip, marking the checkbox related to

Education, thesis, resume , publications and source of funding. Ask me to mail the details to the given email id.

The next day I got an email from the consulate asking for my resume as well.

I sent all the documents, including soft copies of my Engg and Masters projects on 1st December.

Finally got my clearance mail on Dec 16th.

Hi,

Regards

Vancouver and Ottawa are really good.....

My last H1 was in vancouver in 2011...i got 221G and the guys literally hand held me...every email i sent was replied to within a day...and they resolved it in 3 business days...i went there on a thursday...the requested papers were submitted on monday and by the following thursday they called me in the morning and handed the passport by afternoon...

Ottawa also i hear good information....

Toronto is a big no-no....Red flags all over...this time i came to toronto because i dint find dates in vancouver...and i had to go to stamping....

my interview was on 16th, the VO said everything is fine, you will know the status by EOD and then 2 days later its admin processing and till now i dont have an update...

I am a fulltime employee for a fortune 100 company...

NEED I SAY MORE about Toronto....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Radhika......

When did you went for interview...did your case resolved.... I have a similar issue and interviewed on 23rd dec......

thanks,

PK

I am planning to attend the Ottawa US Embassy for my Visa Intwerview on the 31st of Jan 2014, anyone around that dates?

I m planning to book my hotel thru Tingo or Hotwire

My Details are as below:

Full Time working in Boston (drivin to Ottawa 29th)

H1B Renewal: 2nd Time

Prior H1 Renewal was @ Calgary in 2009 (got my visa stamped in 3 Buss days back then)

Please give me a buzz and we can collaborate on the plans.

Thanks

-Sankeerth

Archived