Got 221(g) in vancouver, canada on 10th dec 2013- need suggestion about next process

H1B Beneficiary

Hello 

I am Ajay, i attended H1B visa interview in vancouver, canada at 10.30am, VO asked couple of questions and he told that he need some time to pocess my application and he given a white letter of 221(g)., afte going home i checked status online and my status was displaying as 

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Case Creation Date: 10-Dec-2013 Status Updated Date: 10-Dec-2013    

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

i don't know anyone who faced this before, so kindly give me suggestions if anyone of u faced this before 
please contact me at ajaykumar.gorantla@gmail.com

Hi Ajay,

Sorry to hear that you received 221(g) white. Did VO took your passport and documents? Even I am in the same boat, VO took my passport and some documents on 11/29 for administrative processing, they even contacted my client manager on 12/06, hopefully it should be same in your case as well, just give a heads up to your client manager saying US consulate might contact him/her via email/Cell, in my case it is via email. You just need to worry about time, they probably contact your client manager next week and will resolve things in 2-3 weeks hopefully less than that!

Just FYI my case still says administrative processing! 

Hope it makes you feel better. 

Cheers,

Rakhy

Hi Ajay,

Sorry to hear that you received 221(g) white. Did VO took your passport and documents? Even I am in the same boat, VO took my passport and some documents on 11/29 for administrative processing, they even contacted my client manager on 12/06, hopefully it should be same in your case as well, just give a heads up to your client manager saying US consulate might contact him/her via email/Cell, in my case it is via email. You just need to worry about time, they probably contact your client manager next week and will resolve things in 2-3 weeks hopefully less than that!

Cheers,

Rakhy

Thanks for your reply Rakhy,

Yes visa officer took my Passport, LCA, Master's transcripts

I hope we will get it soon and also i called client manager and given head's up about my situation. Can i have your email id where i can reach you directly.

Thanks,

Ajay

There is no time frame for 221g. What questions did VO ask? Do you have Dl from same location where u work?

here are the Questions:

1. Did u complete masters in US

2. which university

3. when u graduated

4. is this your 1st  H1 ( mine is first h1)

5. who is your employer

6. do you have any end client if yes who are they

7. show me your paychecks

8. whats you job responsibilities

9. have u taken CPT

these are the questions he asked me and he also asked about my Driver license and my driver licence is same as client location (same state)

Hi Ajay,

Cheers,

Rakhy

Rakhy is there update on your Case status

Archived