Need advice on form N400 for US citizenship with recent shoplifting charges dismissed

Maandeep

Hi,

I was caught for shop lifting in Phoenix, AZ in July 2012. Store security called the cops, I paid the fines to the store and the police office did not arrest me and gave me a pink slip with the shop lifting charges on it which is Misdemeanor in Arizona state. With the help of a lawyer we went to the court where the charges were dismissed by entering plea bargain and taking up the diversion program. I completed the diversion program in Sep 2012 and then got a letter from Phoenix court stating that the charges are dismissed. I completed by 5 years on green card and wanted to get your advice if I should apply for US citizenship or not. If yes then, what are the chances of denial and what do I answer to questions on form N 400. Below are the questions. looking forward for your help.

Q15) Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested? YEs or NO

Q16) Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement office (including USCIS or former INS and military officers)? YES or NO

Q17) Have you ever been charged with committing any crime or offense? YES or NO

Q18) Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense? YES or NO

Q19) Have you ever been placed in an alternative sentencing or a rehabilitative program (for example: diversion, deferred prosecution, withheld adjudication, deferred adjudication)? YES or NO

Q20) Have you ever received a suspended sentence, been placed on probation, or been paroled? YES or NO

Q21) Have you ever been in jail or prison? YES or NO

Appreciate your time and help in advance

Maandeep. 

Archived