I765/I131 - renewal denied

sagrawa

filed my EAD RENEWAL about a month back and today I received uscis notification saying that its denied.. My 485 is still pending (PD DEC 2008).. what is shocking is that they didnt issue RFE.. The uscis status says that they have mailed the reason for deniel and in case I dont receive response in 15 days I should directly contact USCIS..
My attorney says that USCIS might have made a mistake, normally an RFE is issued before deniel.. anyone has similar experience..

what are my options...

ok, got the denial letter.. It says that my ead is denied because I have become permanent resident.. Its not possible as my case still shows pending and my date is not current.. moreover I have not received any cards yet..  

I called customer service and asked them to transfer me to l2 immigration officer. The immigration officer mentioned that my 485 receipt src# is tied to alien A1 however in their system same src# is tied to a different alien number (lets say A2). They suggested to go for infopass which I have scheduled. Suggest me how I should plan my conversation with immigration officer (questions to ask, documents to carry, Information to collect, dos and donts). Also let me know me know what are the other routes I should take other than infopass (like I heard about something called AILA?? but dont have any clue what it is)

Your attorney could be right..let us know the outcome.

ok, got the denial letter.. It says that my ead is denied because I have become permanent resident.. Its not possible as my case still shows pending and my date is not current.. moreover I have not received any cards yet..

I had a chat with Immigration officer on the phone. He mentioned that my 485 receipt src# is tied to alien A1 however in their system same src# is tied to a different alien number (lets say A2). They suggested to go for infopass which I have scheduled. Suggest me how I should plan my conversation with immigration officer (questions to ask, documents to carry, Information to collect, dos and donts). Also let me know me know what are the other routes I should take other than infopass (like I heard about something called AILA?? but dont have any clue what it is)

Archived