All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SanBob

H1B EXTENSION denied digging back to University's for-profit status

Hi All,

I'm working on H1B since 2013 and current H1B is valid till March 2020. Last week I've filed for H1B extension + amendment once joining new project.

I've received "Intent to denial request" this weeks due response in 4 weeks. I wanted to ask what happens to my current approval copy valid till March 2020 if my extension request gets denied. Any kind of suggestions are welcome.

7 hours ago, Jak2019 said:

Hi All,

I'm working on H1B since 2013 and current H1B is valid till March 2020. Last week I've filed for H1B extension + amendment once joining new project.

I've received "Intent to denial request" this weeks due response in 4 weeks. I wanted to ask what happens to my current approval copy valid till March 2020 if my extension request gets denied. Any kind of suggestions are welcome.

If you got the H1 in the Master's quota with a degree from a for-profit institution, all of your H1s could get revoked retroactively, since the initial one was approved in error. That could mean you worked illegally for years, and you may end up getting a 10-year ban.

Discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer ASAP.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, JoeF said:

If you got the H1 in the Master's quota with a degree from a for-profit institution, all of your H1s could get revoked retroactively, since the initial one was approved in error. That could mean you worked illegally for years, and you may end up getting a 10-year ban.

Discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer ASAP.

I know but it was approved by USCIS and extensions was approved by them only. If they would've rejected my initial petition under the rule in beginning then it won't be problem. I'm not sure what to do now.