On H4 Visa-Planning to go for H1B

Rakhi22

Pardon me, but what would be the difference b/n a visa fee and an issuance fee.

Agree that the petition needs to be approved to apply for the visa, but curious to know if it is possible to get a new LCA and have my petition linked to this new LCA and use it when I go for stamping.

Am I confusing it with something here ?

It is visa fee and I got it wrong in my earlier reply which is $190.

Yes, a new LCA can be generated for the H1B petition but why would a new one be required?

It is visa fee and I got it wrong in my earlier reply which is $190.

Yes, a new LCA can be generated for the H1B petition but why would a new one be required?

I was hoping to get a potential offer from a client based out of the same city / state my spouse would be working in, overtly optimistic :)

Wanted to ensure though, that it is indeed possible to get your employer change the LCA after the H-1B petition is approved and prior to going for H-1B stamping.

Hope it is not mandatory to begin working on the same LCA that was used for filing the petition.

Also, if I am not mistaken, 190$ is the fee for getting an H-1B appointment and stamping at the US consulate.

I was hoping to get a potential offer from a client based out of the same city / state my spouse would be working in, overtly optimistic :)

Wanted to ensure though, that it is indeed possible to get your employer change the LCA after the H-1B petition is approved and prior to going for H-1B stamping.

Hope it is not mandatory to begin working on the same LCA that was used for filing the petition.

Also, if I am not mistaken, 190$ is the fee for getting an H-1B appointment and stamping at the US consulate.

If it is a different client in a new location from the existing client for whom H1B was approved then both LCA and H1B has to be amended and approved.

Yes, $190 is for US visa.

If it is a different client in a new location from the existing client for whom H1B was approved then both LCA and H1B has to be amended and approved.

Yes, $190 is for US visa.

Thanks mate !

And I hope amending and gettting the new LCA / H1B approved would not entail additional costs. And any guess on how long the process of getting these approvals would take on average ?

Additional costs are involved. I am not sure about the timeline for approval.

When you say additional costs are involved is it the same as the cost associated with filing an new petition ?

Hope linking a new LCA for an approved petition is not the same as filing a new petition. While the LCA is new, I was thinking I could be on a contract with a new client although my employer would be the same who filed my original petition.

When you say additional costs are involved is it the same as the cost associated with filing an new petition ?

Hope linking a new LCA for an approved petition is not the same as filing a new petition. While the LCA is new, I was thinking I could be on a contract with a new client although my employer would be the same who filed my original petition.

Cost for an amendment are less than filing a new petition. Anyhow that is employer's business.

If place of work and client changes both LCA and H1B petition has to be amended. If only place of work changes LCA amendment is enough.

Cost for an amendment are less than filing a new petition. Anyhow that is employer's business.

If place of work and client changes both LCA and H1B petition has to be amended. If only place of work changes LCA amendment is enough.

Thanks again

Here my understanding

When Employer X has filed and got my petition approved and I am working with Client A on contract and now change my contract to Client B at a different work location, since my Employer stays the same, there is no need to amend the H1b petition.

Just updating the LCA should do.

On the same note, is there any constraint that I need to have worked for Client A for a specified duration (based on my approved petition) before moving to Client B ?

Thanks again

Here my understanding

When Employer X has filed and got my petition approved and I am working with Client A on contract and now change my contract to Client B at a different work location, since my Employer stays the same, there is no need to amend the H1b petition.

Just updating the LCA should do.

On the same note, is there any constraint that I need to have worked for Client A for a specified duration (based on my approved petition) before moving to Client B ?

1. Both LCA and H1B petition has to be amended to be more safe when going for stamping.

2. No such restrictions exist unless you have signed a contract mentioning the same.

• 1 year later...

I m on H1 b visa and it expires August 2017 , my husband has I140 approved and priority date of feb 2013 and his H1 b is past 6 yrs and on extension. I want apply for H4 EAD card before the end of my H1b visa.. My question is can I apply for H4 EAD while still working and not have any gaps with my employment and continue working in the same job . If not is it better to apply for my own green card application and apply for extension of H1b visa. I want to know best way to proceed without hurting my current job and continuing without gaps.

I m on H1 b visa and it expires August 2017 , my husband has I140 approved and priority date of feb 2013 and his H1 b is past 6 yrs and on extension. I want apply for H4 EAD card before the end of my H1b visa.. My question is can I apply for H4 EAD while still working and not have any gaps with my employment and continue working in the same job . If not is it better to apply for my own green card application and apply for extension of H1b visa. I want to know best way to proceed without hurting my current job and continuing without gaps.

If you don't want gap then go for H1.

Archived