Weird Visitor Visa Interview experience

hi2475

My Mom and Brother appeared for Visitor visa interview last week and interview lasted for less than couple of minutes with basic questions(VO didn’t ask for any documentations). VO denied the visa for my Brother on the interview day but VO said my Mom's Visa is approved and took her passport. Next day we received an email from USTRAVELDOCS stating "Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate" and its ready to pickup. When my mom went to pickup her passport she found that her visa is denied with 214(b) paper attested to the passport.

Once the VO said your visa is approved and took her passport, can they reject the visa (I believe yes, based on our current experience)? How can they do it? it’s so frustrating, they are so mean, if they are going to reject the visa how come they didn’t let her know that visa is denied on the interview day. Moreover the decision can’t be appealed. Did anyone of you went thru the same? What’s the next step?

My Mom and Brother appeared for Visitor visa interview last week and interview lasted for less than couple of minutes with basic questions(VO didn’t ask for any documentations). VO denied the visa for my Brother on the interview day but VO said my Mom's Visa is approved and took her passport. Next day we received an email from USTRAVELDOCS stating "Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate" and its ready to pickup. When my mom went to pickup her passport she found that her visa is denied with 214(b) paper attested to the passport.

Once the VO said your visa is approved and took her passport, can they reject the visa (I believe yes, based on our current experience)? How can they do it? it’s so frustrating, they are so mean, if they are going to reject the visa how come they didn’t let her know that visa is denied on the interview day. Moreover the decision can’t be appealed. Did anyone of you went thru the same? What’s the next step?

Probably VO was convinced and approved your mom's visa. But, there is a possibility that after approval they would have found something to the contrary and denied it. Take the help of an immigration attorney before they go for another visa interview. If your brother is young with no strong ties to home country it would be very tough to get a visa.

Archived