Is this refusal or Still Pending?

CrazyShark

Hello Friends,

I am in a confused state right now. I have attended a visa interview in third week of August and received a 221(g) and was asked to wait as it will be under administrative processing. I have been checking my visa status with the case number provided at the time of my interview. It has been under "Administrative Processing" since then. Finally on 27th of NOV I have received an email to pick up my passport. I was totally shocked because the passport was with me. I picked up the documents from the VFS office, which includes the refusal letter and all my documents. Here is the description of the letter.

FYI, I was not asked for any more documents to be submitted after the interview.

----Start of the refusal letter

Next Action -- Contact DHS-USCIS

The office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible for a visa under the following sections of the Imigration and Nationality Act (INA)

Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.

-- Action in your case has been suspended under section 221 (g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act(INA)pending further administrative processing. The petition is being returned to USCIS for review. Upon completion of the review, USCIS will contact your petitioner.

Therefor, Pursuant to 9 FAM 41.53 N2.3, the reviewing officer has decided that the petition should be returned to the US citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS) with the recommendation that it be revoked. the process includes review by the Nonimmigrant visa chief. when uscis receives the returned petition, they will contact petitioner, who will have an oppurtunity to rebut consular findings concerning the case. if the USCIS revokes the petition, the beneficiary may become ineligible for a visa under immigration and nationality act section 212(a)(6)©(i) (or other appropriate section). if USCIS re-affrims the petition, the petition will b erturned to post for further processing.
warning: if you fail to take the action requested or fail to present additional evidence sufficent to overcome your visa denail under section 221(g) of the immigration and nationality act within one year of the refusal date, section 203(g) of the act requires that your application be cancelled.

----- End of the refusal letter.

When i check my visa status, it still says "Administrative Processing".

Does the above letter mean my visa has been rejected? If so what all i can do? Challenge the petition?

Thanks,

Kumar.

Hello Friends,

I am in a confused state right now. I have attended a visa interview in third week of August and received a 221(g) and was asked to wait as it will be under administrative processing. I have been checking my visa status with the case number provided at the time of my interview. It has been under "Administrative Processing" since then. Finally on 27th of NOV I have received an email to pick up my passport. I was totally shocked because the passport was with me. I picked up the documents from the VFS office, which includes the refusal letter and all my documents. Here is the description of the letter.

FYI, I was not asked for any more documents to be submitted after the interview.

The office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible for a visa under the following sections of the Imigration and Nationality Act (INA)

Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.

-- Action in your case has been suspended under section 221 (g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act(INA)pending further administrative processing. The petition is being returned to USCIS for review. Upon completion of the review, USCIS will contact your petitioner.

Therefor, Pursuant to 9 FAM 41.53 N2.3, the reviewing officer has decided that the petition should be returned to the US citizenship and Immigration services (USCIS) with the recommendation that it be revoked. the process includes review by the Nonimmigrant visa chief. when uscis receives the returned petition, they will contact petitioner, who will have an oppurtunity to rebut consular findings concerning the case. if the USCIS revokes the petition, the beneficiary may become ineligible for a visa under immigration and nationality act section 212(a)(6)©(i) (or other appropriate section). if USCIS re-affrims the petition, the petition will b erturned to post for further processing.

warning: if you fail to take the action requested or fail to present additional evidence sufficent to overcome your visa denail under section 221(g) of the immigration and nationality act within one year of the refusal date, section 203(g) of the act requires that your application be cancelled.

Does the above letter mean my visa has been rejected? If so what all i can do? Challenge the petition?

Thanks,

Kumar.

It is not a rejection. Your petition has been sent to USCIS for further review. But, mostly you would end up getting a rejection notice. Only after getting a rejection notice your employer could initiate an appeal against decision.

Hello Friends,

Thanks,

Kumar.

Hi

Can you please let me know ur email address even my  brother also in same situation will discuss more.

Thanks

Archived