Successful stamping in Toronto on November 27

Wishmaster

I went to Consulate at 7:20Am .My appointment was at 8Am. I was 3rd in line and till 8am I was standing out side the consulate in biting cold(be prepared to stand outside if you are going in winter).

security did not let anyone in before 15 min.

After standard security procedures tocken was given to me and finger prints were taken.

VO interviewed 2 members before me.

I was 3rd and VO was a bald head guy in window 5 and he was cool and was typing all through my interview.

VO: Is this your first H1

me:yes

Vo: Did you study in US,where and what prog

Me:yes,told univ and Masters in Elec eng

Vo: I am striking off F-1 visa on your passport

me: sure

Vo:What specialization of research or couse work.

me: course work in XX

Vo: who do you work for and as what? how long?

me: As xx at BB company since xx yrs

Vo: what is your salary?

me: told

Vo: Do you have family in canada?

me: No, I have a friend.

Vo:  Do you have family in US?

me: No

Vo : where do you live in US and what place?

me: told.

Vo: how long are you staying in canada?

me: couple of weeks.

Vo: Your visa is approved. I see you selected Markham as your pickup location. would you like to pick it up from consulate?

me: Oh!!(surprised) can I do that? okay then I will pick it up here.

Markham is little far from here I am staying  so I wanted to pick it up from consulate which is about 25 min from my firnds place.

VO attached a sticker on back of PP  and gave me a doc with worker rights in US and a slip to show security when I go to pick up my PP on 29th between 3-4PM.

Me: Thank you so much and have a good day. Not even a single document was asked by VO.

Status shows Admin processing.Finger crossed and waiting to receive PP on time as mentioned by VO.

Hope this helps and thanks to murthy form and members who were really helpfull.

well I am into IT systems (data center infrastructure)  So I don't know how you classify. But I could justify it by saying I took course work in

computer networks when he asked about my course work which would somewhat relate to my field of work.

Just an update on my status...I received my PP today from consulate. so it was just a 3 day process for me with thanksgiving holiday in between.

Archived