H1B Visa Refusal Letter under 221g. Green Slip Mumbai Consulate - Need Urgent Response

dharambotadra

Hi,

But now that I have made the mistake, what to do. i already have mailed again with my old CV. i did not skip anything speacil in both the CV. the only difference was the internship and some additional lab techniques, paper presentations and other. Would it really matter that they would rescind my VISA for this. 

Do not worry. It is OK to have an academic CV (detailed one) and a short normal resume.

Thank you, Jairachi (sir/mam?). If everything is normal as you said, in how much should I expect a call for my passport. You see, 

Interview: 13 June

First time documentation and mail: 19 June

Reply from mumbat tech: 20 June

Second time documentation (academic CV): 24 June

Third time mail (CV used in first time documentation): 24 June

Please tell when can I expect the call for my passport? Tentative date....

Hi,

Sorry but I actually have two contrasting answers here. Each one contradicts the other one in some or the other way. 

Rahul412

A genuine person will have only ONE CV.

That depends on that visa officer. As per US law, hiding the information during interview is against immigration law

Jairichi

Do not worry. It is OK to have an academic CV (detailed one) and a short normal resume.

Please tell me what is the correct procedure. 

@Rahul412

Please can you tell me why would that VISA officer check my documents. He did not ask me for my documents during the interview. 

I am really getting worried now.

Thinking to start applying to germany and Europe.

My interview details:

First, my details:

2011: Univ of new haven : no funding : mol. and cell. biology : Two VISA interviews and both rejected. 

2014: Ohio university. Phd: mol and cell bio. full funding
GRE (3 attempts: 1290 – 800 Quants: 490 : verbal and 3.5 AWA)
TOEFL : 99 (R-24, L – 25, SP – 27, W-23)

I had my visa interview on 13 june.  It was at 11 AM. I reached at 10:30. I had to wait till about 11:10 and I was called.

Almost everyone was getting visa today. The counter next to me had given visa to almost 7-8 people in a row. I wanted that counter but the guy sent me to next one. This guy was 40ish and was asking questions. He even rejected a few candidates before me.

VO: Please come forward
Me : Good morning, sir. How are you?
VO: (did not reply). So, Ohio University?
Me: Yes, sir, Ohio University.
VO: Which course?
Me: Doctoral program in Molecular and cellular biology.
VO: did you do your masters before this?
Me: Yes, sir. I have completed my masters from Teesside university in 2011 from united kingdom.
VO: which course?
Me: Masters in biotechnology (err….) Masters of science in Biotechnology.
VO:(looks at my I-20). So, you have full funding with teaching assitantship.
Me: Yes, It would cover all my tuition, housing and living expenses.
VO: Please take form (hands me over 221(g) form). Asks me to send the required documents via mail.

@Rahul412

Please can you tell me why would that VISA officer check my documents. He did not ask me for my documents during the interview. 

No need to worry. During the visa process if the officer comes to know that you have hidden some info then they feel suspicious about that. They want to make sure that you are not doing anything against law.

I heard something called TAL, not sure whether you program is under that list.

• 3 weeks later...

good news! i got call for sending my passport. to the American consulate. Here is the summary of my VISA procedure

12 june: OFC

13 June: interview/221 G letter

19 June: first email

20 june: email from embassy for more corrections

24 June: second mail (with full resume)

24 June: third mail (with short resume)

17 July: Call for passport

18 july: Documents submitted to embassy.

I am waiting for my passport. the status says it is still with the post. :)

cheers!

just have patience and pray GOD.

Everything would work fine.

Thank you, Jairachi (sir/mam?). If everything is normal as you said, in how much should I expect a call for my passport. You see, 

Interview: 13 June

First time documentation and mail: 19 June

Reply from mumbat tech: 20 June

Second time documentation (academic CV): 24 June

Third time mail (CV used in first time documentation): 24 June

Please tell when can I expect the call for my passport? Tentative date....

By a month from when US consulate receive your documents.

I received my passport today, exactly one month after submitting documents.

But, there is still one small confusion.

My I-20 says I have 58 months for college. but VISA says just 4 years. So, it is possible for me to apply for VISA extension. IF yes, how can I do so. or if it is not possible, what should I do now. I cannot go to the university without full VISA.

please clear my doubt on this one.

I received my passport today, exactly one month after submitting documents.

But, there is still one small confusion.

My I-20 says I have 58 months for college. but VISA says just 4 years. So, it is possible for me to apply for VISA extension. IF yes, how can I do so. or if it is not possible, what should I do now. I cannot go to the university without full VISA.

please clear my doubt on this one.

Their is nothing called full visa.

If you need visa ext at that time, then you can apply for visa. It's the same procedure for ext.

• 3 years later...
On 11/27/2013 at 4:20 AM, dharambotadra said:

Hello,

My H1B visa stamping interview was on Nov 26th 2013 and I got a green slip refusal letter saying they need additional documentation from me in order to make final decision for my petition. The green slip is asking for the following:

1) Invitation Letter 
2) Resume (Should I use the one from the petition application or most recent one?)
3) Research (Should I attach my Master's Thesis copy?)
4) Position (Employment Verification letter from HR rep describing job duties)
5) Purpose (I am not sure what goes here)
6) Itinerary (flying on Dec 10th 2013 to Chicago, visit Employer, employer address, manager contact info.)
7) Funding (Sponsoring myself, anything else reqd?)
8) Travelers (No additional travelers with me)
9) Travel (I haven't visited any other country in last 10 years except for US travel

Any advice will be helpful. I am afraid that this wont get processes before I fly on 10th dec 2013. Awaiting your feedback.

Thanks.

Hello.. can you please email me what happened to your case .. what did you give your research publication.

Archived