H1B Visa Refusal Letter under 221g. Green Slip Mumbai Consulate - Need Urgent Response

dharambotadra

Hello,

My H1B visa stamping interview was on Nov 26th 2013 and I got a green slip refusal letter saying they need additional documentation from me in order to make final decision for my petition. The green slip is asking for the following:

1) Invitation Letter 
2) Resume (Should I use the one from the petition application or most recent one?)
3) Research (Should I attach my Master's Thesis copy?)
4) Position (Employment Verification letter from HR rep describing job duties)
5) Purpose (I am not sure what goes here)
6) Itinerary (flying on Dec 10th 2013 to Chicago, visit Employer, employer address, manager contact info.)
7) Funding (Sponsoring myself, anything else reqd?)
8) Travelers (No additional travelers with me)
9) Travel (I haven't visited any other country in last 10 years except for US travel

Any advice will be helpful. I am afraid that this wont get processes before I fly on 10th dec 2013. Awaiting your feedback.

Thanks.

Hello,

My H1B visa stamping interview was on Nov 26th 2013 and I got a green slip refusal letter saying they need additional documentation from me in order to make final decision for my petition. The green slip is asking for the following:

1) Invitation Letter 
2) Resume (Should I use the one from the petition application or most recent one?)
3) Research (Should I attach my Master's Thesis copy?)
4) Position (Employment Verification letter from HR rep describing job duties)
5) Purpose (I am not sure what goes here)
6) Itinerary (flying on Dec 10th 2013 to Chicago, visit Employer, employer address, manager contact info.)
7) Funding (Sponsoring myself, anything else reqd?)
8) Travelers (No additional travelers with me)
9) Travel (I haven't visited any other country in last 10 years except for US travel

Any advice will be helpful. I am afraid that this wont get processes before I fly on 10th dec 2013. Awaiting your feedback.

Thanks.

What is your profession?

2. Any resume should be fine.

3. Give a summary of past and present research. 

I have Masters in Biomedical Engineering and I work as Engineer II (medical devices) at ********* ************** Corporation. I sent all documents as requested by the consular officer. I did included my full thesis and most recent resume in the attachments. ************* lawyer helped me in this process.

I am still concerned about how long is this thing gonna take? I am scheduled to fly back on Dec 10th 2013. :-(

I have Masters in Biomedical Engineering and I work as Engineer II (medical devices) at ********* ************** Corporation. I sent all documents as requested by the consular officer. I did included my full thesis and most recent resume in the attachments. ************* lawyer helped me in this process.

I am still concerned about how long is this thing gonna take? I am scheduled to fly back on Dec 10th 2013. :-(

I am in biomedical research and when I applied for my H1B I was handed pink slip at US consulate, Chennai and it took exactly 1 month for administrative processing.

Dear Consulate Officer,

Interview Date: Nov 26th 2013,

Interview Outcome: The officer issued me a green slip (221g) saying I need to provide additional documentation.

All requested documents submitted on Nov 27th 2013 and I  received automated response as "Thank you for your correspondence".

On Nov 28th 2013, I got one more email saying the following with some text highlighted in Red:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your correspondence. You are required to submit the information as per the below 221g letter.

1) An invitation letter (a letter from the person/organization inviting you to U.S which must include: name, address, purpose, contact information, signature

of the concerned person/signatory) in .PDF format.

2)      A detailed resume/CV that lists your professional and/or academic backgrounds from your past/present work, three professional references is mandatory

to be included in your resume, and a list of all your publications if any.

3)      A detailed description of your research categorized into 1)Past 2) Present and 3) Future if any.

4)      A detailed description of your position in your present/previous company explaining your duties and responsibilities.

5)      A detailed statement of purpose.

6)      A detailed Itinerary

7)      A detailed description of Funding

8)      List/Details of travelers travelling with you.

9)      Dates and locations of all international travel for last 10 years.

Please submit your invitation letter in .PDF format and other documents in WORD format, Please read the letter carefully for instructions:

If any header is not applicable to you please mention as “NOT APPLICABLE” under their respective headers.  You must submit all of the required information listed in the green letter (attached below)in a single email at the earliest.  We are unable to proceed with your case if we do not receive all of the required information in a single email.

What does this mean? Do I have to resend my documents? Did I do anything wrong in my first attempt of sending docs?

I am scheduled to fly on Dec 10, 2013 and I am afraid I might have to postpone it. I would really appreciate your feedback on my case.

Thanks and Regards,

Dharam

Dear Consulate Officer,

Interview Date: Nov 26th 2013,
Interview Outcome: The officer issued me a green slip (221g) saying I need to provide additional documentation.
All requested documents submitted on Nov 27th 2013 and I  received automated response as "Thank you for your correspondence".
On Nov 28th 2013, I got one more email saying the following with some text highlighted in Red:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your correspondence. You are required to submit the information as per the below 221g letter.

1) An invitation letter (a letter from the person/organization inviting you to U.S which must include: name, address, purpose, contact information, signature

of the concerned person/signatory) in .PDF format.

2)      A detailed resume/CV that lists your professional and/or academic backgrounds from your past/present work, three professional references is mandatory

to be included in your resume, and a list of all your publications if any.

3)      A detailed description of your research categorized into 1)Past 2) Present and 3) Future if any.

4)      A detailed description of your position in your present/previous company explaining your duties and responsibilities.

5)      A detailed statement of purpose.

6)      A detailed Itinerary

7)      A detailed description of Funding

8)      List/Details of travelers travelling with you.

9)      Dates and locations of all international travel for last 10 years.

Please submit your invitation letter in .PDF format and other documents in WORD format, Please read the letter carefully for instructions:

If any header is not applicable to you please mention as “NOT APPLICABLE” under their respective headers.  You must submit all of the required information listed in the green letter (attached below)in a single email at the earliest.  We are unable to proceed with your case if we do not receive all of the required information in a single email.

What does this mean? Do I have to resend my documents? Did I do anything wrong in my first attempt of sending docs?

I am scheduled to fly on Dec 10, 2013 and I am afraid I might have to postpone it. I would really appreciate your feedback on my case.

Thanks and Regards,
Dharam

Try to send all these documents combined together again as one email. I think you might have to reschedule your tickets. Talk to your airlines about formalities associated with ticket change. If possible do not reschedule flight tickets till the last day.

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my docs on Dec 02nd 2013 and still haven't heard anything back from the consulate. My company has given me 4 month time frame. After that I will loose my job. I am not sure what i am going to do after that. Please advise what I can do from my end?

Really you cannot do anything other than wait. Hopefully you would hear from them in one month time after you submitted required documents.

Hi Dharambotadra,

We are on the same boat. I had interview on Dec 12th, submitted docs on 13th and I received email on Dec 16th to submit doc.

I had submitted Invitation letter and other info in one email on Dec 13th. I don't know what to do now. Resend?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sandip

Yahoo! Visa is approved and today i have collected my passport with H1b visa stamped. But I have a question 

My h1b petition is approved from OCT 2013 - SEPT 2016

However, H1B visa stamp is valid from : 23rd Dec 2013 - 19th Dec 2015

Is this ok?

Congrats. As I said it took almost a month for approval due to nature of your research.

Hi Skathiriya,

Any updates on your case... i am in the same boat. I submitted documents on 27th Nov. 2013 but they were never received. resubmitted docs again as separate attachments on Dec. 27th (lost one month) in one email... howver my lawyers insisted to submit once again as one single word document on 2nd Jan. 2014. Now already lost 5 weeks... now god knows how long I'll be stuck... in usa for last 10 years... I-140 approved... house and cars... seems like going to loose everything... so frustrated... seems like life is going to end....

Hi Skathiriya,

Any updates on your case... i am in the same boat. I submitted documents on 27th Nov. 2013 but they were never received. resubmitted docs again as separate attachments on Dec. 27th (lost one month) in one email... howver my lawyers insisted to submit once again as one single word document on 2nd Jan. 2014. Now already lost 5 weeks... now god knows how long I'll be stuck... in usa for last 10 years... I-140 approved... house and cars... seems like going to loose everything... so frustrated... seems like life is going to end....

@bio chem.......

Dude chill...don't loose hope..... everything gonna be resolved as just a matter of time...try to contact the consulate and see if they need any more docs...and see if you don't get a promising response form them then contact your state senator for help.....

Hi @biochem 13 and others

I am in the same boat. Got a 221g green slip from Mumbai on Dec 16th. I submitted the requested documents same day itself via an email in the requested format. So far I do not see any updates on my case. I just wanted to ensure that Visa Consular Officer has received my documents. However I do not have any email id to write my query. How did you know that they never received your documents? Did they contact you? or Is there some email id that you can share with me to write to Visa Consular Officer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

much thanks,

@bio chem.......

Dude chill...don't loose hope..... everything gonna be resolved as just a matter of time...try to contact the consulate and see if they need any more docs...and see if you don't get a promising response form them then contact your state senator for help.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi biochem and others,

I've got my visa and i'm in the States. If you have submitted correct documents (whatever the consulate has asked for), you'll get the visa stamped. It's just matter of time. Don't lose hope. Once you receive notification to submit passport, it takes a week to receive passport back from embassy. So, plan accordingly.. post questions you might have..

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got a 221g green/blue slip from mumbai consulate after the interview on 3rd of February 2014 and I submitted my documents on the 4rth of February. I am still waiting for a reply from the consulate and today is the 1st of March 2014. Is anybody else waiting?

Worried,

Rini

Hi, 
I got a 221g green/blue slip from mumbai consulate after the interview on 3rd of February 2014 and I submitted my documents on the 4rth of February. I am still waiting for a reply from the consulate and today is the 1st of March 2014. Is anybody else waiting? 

Very Worried.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I appeared for my F1 VISA interview on 13 June 2014. I received a 221(G) slip asking for documents. On 19 June, I submitted the documents. i received the following reply, the next morning on 20 June.

1)    An invitation letter (a letter from the person/organization inviting you to U.S which must include: name, address, purpose, contact information, signature of the concerned person/signatory) in .PDF format,

i got my invitation letter signed from my university official but there is a small mistake I committed.

I have had two formats for my resume. My Indian CV is little longer 4 pages but US(the one which I sent in my previous mail to consulate was smaller - 2 pages). 

I sent the longer CV this time. It does not contain my bank balance certificate (although, I have full funding for my Phd program). It also contains description of a small three moth internship, I did during my bachelors 3rd year. I had not mentioned this my previous CV as it would take more space. I did not mention it in my DS-160 also. 

I have sent the reply today morning 7 AM IST. I just want to know should i resend the mail with my (2 page) US CV and invitation letter or let it as it is.

the consulate even called the Indian contact I mentioned on my DS-160 so I am really worried and scared now that they would check each and every letter on my CV (may even compare the two)and may even think that I am trying to hide something from them.

Please reply asap. The deadline to reach my univ is August 14, so it is just 50 days away.

Hi,

But now that I have made the mistake, what to do. i already have mailed again with my old CV. i did not skip anything speacil in both the CV. the only difference was the internship and some additional lab techniques, paper presentations and other. Would it really matter that they would rescind my VISA for this. 

Hi,

But now that I have made the mistake, what to do. i already have mailed again with my old CV. i did not skip anything speacil in both the CV. the only difference was the internship and some additional lab techniques, paper presentations and other. Would it really matter that they would rescind my VISA for this. 

That depends on that visa officer. As per US law, hiding the information during interview is against immigration laws.

Archived