All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sai57

B.SC (4y Nursing Degree) with 1y clinical work exp. H4 Visa. Options to work

Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of my wife, Swetha.

She's in USA on dependent H4 visa. I want to know what her options are to work here as a nurse. She has B.Sc (4 years, Nursing degree) from NTR University, Vijayawada, India. She is also willing to convert to F1 (student) visa if she needs to practice nursing in USA. Please help by providing some guidance, your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sai.

There at least a couple steps your wife will need to go through.  First and foremost she will need to take and pass the U.S. nursing licensure exam.  Then she will need to find an employer that will petition for her own H-1B visa.  There are immigration attorneys and law firms that specialize in foreign nurses.  You should research the topic on the Internet and contact a qualified immigration attorney experienced (specializing) in nursing.

Hi Sai,

We are in same boat as you and your wife are in. Please share if you find any information related to Nursing H1B.

My wife also finished her Bsc Nursing from NTR University, Vijayawada. If you have any information related to how to prepare for NCLEX, please share with us.

Thanks,

Sradhananda

Check with the state agency covering licensure in the state in which she plans to practice.

We are also on same boat. My wife has BSC-Nursing degree from India and she is now on H4. As per recent US bill, any chance for my wife to work here  ?