Need Help. Rejected First time H1B stamping in Tijuana. Nov19

soman29

Today, I had my  interview in Tijuana for first time H1B visa, I was not aware, Tijuana Mexico consulate does only H1 renewals.  VO said we dont do first time H1B , go your home country to get stamp.no forms given just gave me passport and documents back.

while entering in to mexico no one asked me about my passport or visa. no one collected I -94

I got my H1 last year 2012, I been working for 13 months

I have my valid I-797 and i-94 with me

I have Valid F1 visa till Dec16

My question is can I enter into the US with above documents or I need to go back to home to get stamp on passport.

Well you are doomed buddy.

They clearly mention in the US consulate website and while you are booking the slot that change of status is not done in this consulate anymore. They literally highlight that point.

Ready each and every blog here. 

I don't understand how dumb is that you over looked all of it. Did you even consult your attorney or Employer before you booked the slot.

You can come into the country if you have a valid i20. Then your H1B will be not valid anymore.

You sure need to leave to india to get the H1B stamped. 

Today, I had my  interview in Tijuana for first time H1B visa, I was not aware, Tijuana Mexico consulate does only H1 renewals.  VO said we dont do first time H1B , go your home country to get stamp.no forms given just gave me passport and documents back.

while entering in to mexico no one asked me about my passport or visa. no one collected I -94

My question is can I enter into the US with above documents or I need to go back to home to get stamp on passport.

If you already had a H1B stamped and this is your renewal stamping you could get it stamped in Mexico. Looks like this is your first H1B stamping. So, you cannot get a H1B visa stamped at Mexico.

I think you can't enter US with F-1 visa as you status has already changed to H1. First check with other US consulates in Mexico if they process first time H1B's. You should either go to home country for stamping or you can try Jamaica as you don't need a prior visa to enter Jamaica. But make sure you have direct flights from Mexico to Jamica with out entering US. Also contact your attorney.

Good Luck 

so your H1 b already kick in or not if yes than you cannot enter but if you are on your opt than you might enter but i think consult some lawyer .. 

Today, I had my interview in Tijuana for first time H1B visa, I was not aware, Tijuana Mexico consulate does only H1 renewals. VO said we dont do first time H1B , go your home country to get stamp.no forms given just gave me passport and documents back.

Thanks every one for replying my post.

Good news,  I entered in to the us with out stamp on my passport. I know nobody believes, even I dont believe. I had no hopes, 99%  negative, but I just gave it a try, worked out. I am in the us now, replying to post from my office.  

It was my mistake, I went to mexico with out checking whether they do first time H1b or not. but enterd in to mexico and VO said we dont do first H1B here, got shocked, dont know what to do, then immediately posted in forum for help and thought anyway going home, lets give it a try to cross the border. border is just 3miles from my hotel, took a cab reached the border around 12:30 pm, stood in a line for 45 minutes to reach the port of entry. The person interviewed me looks like asian and he is in his late fifties.

me : gave my passport didnt say any thing

CBP: R u still student?

me : I am on my H1B visa, working for some company

CBP:Where is u r H1 visa ?

Me: I dont have, I came to mexico to get the visa stamp, I had a interview two hours back, here is my appointment confirmation and fee recipt. but in consulate they said, they are not doing first time H1B visa 

CBP : you have to have H1 visa to enter into the US 

Me: yeah I know, but consulate refused to give me and  I said, I have all my valid  I-797, I-94 and I-129 pettetion with me. handed over the i-797 and i-94 to him

CBP: he seen the  797 and read all instructions behind the doc asked me do u know where to get your visa.

me : yeah, I know, my home country, but I have no plans to go now. that is the reason I have come to mexico but unfortunately they said no

CBP: He scanned my F1 visa, searched for some thing. then asked me to follow, to his supervisor.

he discussed with him about me and shown my documents, reason why I rejected.

I had strong feeling he is gonna say no and leave the country now, but he has come to me and said dont leave the country again with out vaild visa.you can go now. Surprise!!! I couldn't believe. in next 1 hour I booked  ticket to my city from san diego.

I was lucky enough to get out of that, but do not try this and dont  go to mexico for the first time h1b. 

Thanks agian

soman29

I can not believe it happened. Probable they used AVR Rule to let you in. But you were not eligible for it as you violated the last term of it. "You can not apply for a new Visa from the country" under this you can not use AVR. Happy for you though brother.

Cheers.

Just my opinion, and not a legal advice.

Archived