WRONG DATE STAMP IN PASSPORT ENTERING THE US

artur123snt

HELP people

I'm from Spain, spent three months in Canada and then flew to the US. So I dont know why he did that, but the border officer entering the US stamped the same arrival date that I already had for my arrival to Canada three months earlier. So instead of stamping august 27th 2013 he stamped May 15th 2013 ( exact same date I have couple pages away showing my Canada arrival date). So now Im here in the US, I actually entered on August 26th, but on my passpprt it says I entered on May 15th...(I was entering Canada that day). Isnt that kinda crazy?

So I wonder if this mistake matters or what should I do about it.. is what they stamp in the passport diferent than whats on their computers?

thank you guys very much for your help.

I am not sure but did you check the electronic I-94 if it shows an arrival date ? If that date is correct then most probably you should be good. There is a service to get the I-94 corrected, you may want to contact them about this. I don't have link for it but search the murthy forums for I-94 correction topics. 

Archived