COS from h1-h4-h1 for maternity

sathish2009

I wanted to take maternity leave for a month and wanted to apply for COS from h1 to h4 to h1.

1.should I wait for the approval or my status changes from the day of the receipt.

2.Can I do premium processing for COS from h1 to h4.

3.How long it takes for the approval of COS from h1 to h4. 

4.Also I wanted apply COS from h4 to h1b after a month.

What are my options?

I wanted to take maternity leave for a month and wanted to apply for COS from h1 to h4 to h1.

1.should I wait for the approval or my status changes from the day of the receipt.

2.Can I do premium processing for COS from h1 to h4.

3.How long it takes for the approval of COS from h1 to h4. 

4.Also I wanted apply COS from h4 to h1b after a month.

What are my options?

First if you are planning to go back to work within 3 months of maternity leave there is no need to apply for a COS to H4.

1. You can stop working from the date you obtain receipt, if you want.

2. No PP for H1B to H4.

3. Currently it takes around 4 months plus.

4. As I said earlier it is not necessary to do a COS to H4 when you are on maternity leave.

Your company by federal and state law should grant you paid maternity leave (usually 2-6 weeks depending on your employment terms) and also give you couple of weeks or even months of unpaid leave to take care of your baby. this is a law so I dont think you need to apply for COS to H4 and then to H1 which will cost you and your employer both money and time.

Your company by federal and state law should grant you paid maternity leave (usually 2-6 weeks depending on your employment terms) and also give you couple of weeks or even months of unpaid leave to take care of your baby. this is a law so I dont think you need to apply for COS to H4 and then to H1 which will cost you and your employer both money and time.

Being paid during maternity leave is not binding on any employer. 

Thank you very much for the answers.

1.Is there a paternity leave for fathers on h1b?

2.If so how long the father can be on paternity leave ?

3.If the father takes unpaid paternity leave does the h1b days counted ?

4.what are the options for the father if he applies for COS from h1 to h4 to take care of the new born and a toddler ?

5.once applied for COS from h1 to h4 can the father start working again with an amendment of the h4 receipt number when applying for COS from h4 to h1?

What are the options for the father?

I was working with a california employer previously and they had 4 weeks unpaid leave that the company will grant to take care of your wife and child after childs birth.

The maternity leave is all in the employee hand book from the employer. as these situations are not usually mentioned in the offer letter, you can always ask your HR for an employee hand book and it should give you details about all the benefits availble to you.

Archived