B1 -> H1 B Suggestion.

mailpravinat

Hi,

I’m looking for possible help.

My Employer applied H1 B petition for transfer (CAP Exempt – expired two years ago) one week back, the status still shows acceptance. Before applying H1 B petition I’m done with job interviews for couple of clients and I have an offer now with me. The client want me to join as soon as possible and I have B1/B2 VISA valid for few years, I never been to USA before but visited more than 5 other countries.

Now, I have following questions:

1. Can I travel on B1/B2 VISA? – This VISA I got through my previous employer.
2. During the port of entry or immigration, what kind of documents I need to show if I’m visiting my friend in USA?
3. Once I’m in USA how can I change my status from B!/B2 to H1 B, is that possible?
4. Will I face any issue when I go for H1 B stamping after few weeks?
5. Can I visit Mexico or Canada for H1 B VISA stamping?

Thanks in advance, please advise.

Hi,

I’m looking for possible help.

My Employer applied H1 B petition for transfer (CAP Exempt – expired two years ago) one week back, the status still shows acceptance. Before applying H1 B petition I’m done with job interviews for couple of clients and I have an offer now with me. The client want me to join as soon as possible and I have B1/B2 VISA valid for few years, I never been to USA before but visited more than 5 other countries.

Now, I have following questions:

1. Can I travel on B1/B2 VISA? – This VISA I got through my previous employer.

2. During the port of entry or immigration, what kind of documents I need to show if I’m visiting my friend in USA?

3. Once I’m in USA how can I change my status from B!/B2 to H1 B, is that possible?

4. Will I face any issue when I go for H1 B stamping after few weeks?

5. Can I visit Mexico or Canada for H1 B VISA stamping?

Thanks in advance, please advise.

1. Are you traveling with B1 visa for previous employer's work? If you answer is NO then the answer is NO for your question. If your purpose is to visit US then you can.

2. Probably a full itinerary and convince immigration officer the true reason for your trip.

3. Yes, it is possible. An employer has to file a change of status cap exempt petition and on approval you can start working.

4. Depends on your documentation.

5. Home country.

1. Are you traveling with B1 visa for previous employer's work? If you answer is NO then the answer is NO for your question. If your purpose is to visit US then you can.

A B-1/B-2 visa is generally not tied to any specific employer. However, it is a violation of status to enter the U.S. in B-1/B-2 status with the intent of immediately changing to H1B status.

Archived