JAMAICA - Visa Stamping Experience & iofficers advise about processing time

SnowLion

Hello All,

I got my visa interview done at Kingston early in this week. Received my passport and returned back to US.

I would like to share few things

1, My interview experience

2. Advise given by visa officer for upcoming applicants

3.How our fellow desi brothers(some idiots) screwing up chances for future applicants

1. I am a full time employee and F1 to H1 status change. The only reason i went to Jamaica is for a vacation experience.

Here are the questions from VO

a) Employer name

b) Do you work for a outsourcing company - My Answer is NO as i am fulltime employee and no outsourcing is done.

c) what does your company do?

d) Where did you do your MS

e) Why is a different college listed on your F1 visa - My Answer is "I choose to transfer for a better MS program"

f)  is your college a state college or private college

g) where is your employer located

h) do you have any relatives in US?

i) whats your annual salary

j) where is your current residence( US city)

All this went well

Here are questions faced by friend in a adjacent counter

a) asked for labor and then W2. Visa officer cross verified and asked if he received more than the amount listed in labor( this is just to make sure that employer is not looting my friend).- Answer is yes

Coming to 2 nd aspect - VIsa officers advise for future applicants

Visa officer who interviewd my friend suggested him to post in the forums that "Visa officer suggested to have a 2 weeks stay in us as all your community people are planning for week and pressuring consulate for speed processing. Jamaican consulates priority is to help jamaican people and not just your community."

Another desi person whom i met was told the same by a Visa officer to plan a Jamican stay for atleast 2 weeks and not just 4 days or 5 days.

I would like to elevate 2 things - They might be slightly watching forums (pls dont make any mean comments in forums) and they are aware how word of mouth spreads out in desi community.

Going forward we might need to expect a little longer stay in Kingston.

3. How our fellow desi brothers(some idiots) screwing up chances for future applicants

I have seen an idiot arriving from india to jamaica for H1 stamping and he reserved his hotel just for 2 days and he started bargaining with visa officer about passport return time. He literally requested the officer to have his passport back on same day by sighting that he have a flight to board and he dont have a hotel accomodation.

The visa officer is kind enough to help him and this desi guy received his passport on that evening.

After coming to his hotel he provoked 2 more friends to do the same and they went to consulate requesting for their passport sighting the earlier guy.

This is how we are spoiling the chances of our fellow brothers by irritiating the Visa offciers just to save a couple hundred dollars.

I would advise please stop doing such shitty things.

Also i would like to break few myths about Kingston consulate

"People say that kingston consulate is so easy and interview is Light" - Thats False. The interview is as similar as any other location and Visa officers verifying all possible documents. If we have enough documentation then no need to worry about interview. This is the case with any other visa consulate location. Please stop bragging using these unnecessary words like "easy" and "light".

Also it would be better if we minimize our experince sharing and visa officer pointed the FORUMS aspect.

All the best to future applicants

I can't Agree more. Jamaica is also a beautiul destination.

3. How our fellow desi brothers(some idiots) screwing up chances for future applicants

I have seen an idiot arriving from india to jamaica for H1 stamping and he reserved his hotel just for 2 days and he started bargaining with visa officer about passport return time. He literally requested the officer to have his passport back on same day by sighting that he have a flight to board and he dont have a hotel accomodation.

The visa officer is kind enough to help him and this desi guy received his passport on that evening.

After coming to his hotel he provoked 2 more friends to do the same and they went to consulate requesting for their passport sighting the earlier guy.

This is how we are spoiling the chances of our fellow brothers by irritiating the Visa offciers just to save a couple hundred dollars.

I would advise please stop doing such shitty things.

Also i would like to break few myths about Kingston consulate

"People say that kingston consulate is so easy and interview is Light" - Thats False. The interview is as similar as any other location and Visa officers verifying all possible documents. If we have enough documentation then no need to worry about interview. This is the case with any other visa consulate location. Please stop bragging using these unnecessary words like "easy" and "light".

Also it would be better if we minimize our experince sharing and visa officer pointed the FORUMS aspect.

All the best to future applicants

• 11 months later...

It all happened as i mentioned a year ago. A Greedy people screwed chances of few thousands of students.

That's what we have been saying on this forum.

Attend your visa interview at your home country. Many i*iots think that attending visa interview in Third country will save time and money but it's very risky.

DOS gave an option to attend interview at any consulate but they also advised people to give priority to consulates at your home country.

Archived