Visa Approved by VO but checked online status -- it states refused

amrinder86

Dear Experts, 

I got interviewed on November 4th in Toronto, Canada and VO approved my visa and told me to collect the passport within 2-3 business days. The interview also went very well. I checked my status online https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?. It states refused. The case was last updated on November 4th only. They didn't even send me my passport as of today i.e. 11/8/13. I didn't get any 221g or 214 something.  I have checked everywhere. Nobody has not even heard of such case. 

Could you please advise what could be the future course of action. I have already sent them an email at TRTNIV@state.gov but no response. Is there any other way to contact the Toronto consulate as they still have my passport and H1b. 

They should atleast give my documents back so that I can go back to India. 

Is there any possibility that the status could be wrong?

Thanks.

Dear Experts, 

I got interviewed on November 4th in Toronto, Canada and VO approved my visa and told me to collect the passport within 2-3 business days. The interview also went very well. I checked my status online https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?. It states refused. The case was last updated on November 4th only. They didn't even send me my passport as of today i.e. 11/8/13. I didn't get any 221g or 214 something.  I have checked everywhere. Nobody has not even heard of such case. 

Could you please advise what could be the future course of action. I have already sent them an email at TRTNIV@state.gov but no response. Is there any other way to contact the Toronto consulate as they still have my passport and H1b. 

They should atleast give my documents back so that I can go back to India. 

Is there any possibility that the status could be wrong?

Thanks.

There is a possibility that the status could be updated wrongly. Or God forbid, they had to change VO's decision of approval. 

Maybe they just didn't update the online status. Try calling the consulate first. If you can't reach them by phone then go to the Loomis branch you had selected and give them your reference number. The reference number is in the usvisa-info site. Make sure you take the white paper they handed out to you. If the Loomis branch has your passport then you're good. 

If the Loomis does not have your passport then the consulate should have it. Try to call the consulate and explain your situation. If you can't reach them by phone then go to the consulate and try to talk with the security there. Hopefully, the security will take your concerns to someone inside and you will have your answers. 

Maybe they just didn't update the online status. Try calling the consulate first. If you can't reach them by phone then go to the Loomis branch you had selected and give them your reference number. The reference number is in the usvisa-info site. Make sure you take the white paper they handed out to you. If the Loomis branch has your passport then you're good. 

If the Loomis does not have your passport then the consulate should have it. Try to call the consulate and explain your situation. If you can't reach them by phone then go to the consulate and try to talk with the security there. Hopefully, the security will take your concerns to someone inside and you will have your answers. 

There is no way we can reach them other than the email. Its really frustrating. Loomis doesn't have my passport as i already checked it. 

There is a possibility that the status could be updated wrongly. Or God forbid, they had to change VO's decision of approval. 

But they should have given me a reason.. There is no 221g. VO just told me collect the passport. We cannot call them and we can just email them. I don't how many emails they must be getting everyday or they would care to reply. 

But they should have given me a reason.. There is no 221g. VO just told me collect the passport. We cannot call them and we can just email them. I don't how many emails they must be getting everyday or they would care to reply. 

You misunderstood me. VO would have approved your visa. But, at a later stage after interview due to some reason they would have to refuse it or put in 221G. There is a possibility. Or it might be a genuine error at the time of updating. Hope things get sorted out quickly in a positive way.

You misunderstood me. VO would have approved your visa. But, at a later stage after interview due to some reason they would have to refuse it or put in 221G. There is a possibility. Or it might be a genuine error at the time of updating. Hope things get sorted out quickly in a positive way.

Jairichi, You were very correct in your assessment. Today I got an email for additional documents 221G but the online status still states refused. Could you shed some light on how much time they gonna take to make a decision if I rely by tomorrow. They asked two very simple documents. I had it even during the interview. It is so very brutal. They just gave me 221G just for the sake of it. 

Should I just reply only by email or drop in person too?? They said email but they didn't say only email.

Jairichi, You were very correct in your assessment. Today I got an email for additional documents 221G but the online status still states refused. Could you shed some light on how much time they gonna take to make a decision if I rely by tomorrow. They asked two very simple documents. I had it even during the interview. It is so very brutal. They just gave me 221G just for the sake of it. 

Should I just reply only by email or drop in person too?? They said email but they didn't say only email.

Strange that they did not ask you those documents at the time of visa interview. Submit the documents immediately by email. Hopefully everything gets sorted out quickly for you.

Could you let us know what documents they have requested?

With what you said everything looks fine. You should be getting your visa quickly.

Jai I haven't heard anything from them as of today. There is no update of status since 4th Nov 2013. I haven't received any confirmation email from them that they have have received my documents. Is there anything that I can do at this point of time.

Jai I haven't heard anything from them as of today. There is no update of status since 4th Nov 2013. I haven't received any confirmation email from them that they have have received my documents. Is there anything that I can do at this point of time.

You will not get any reply email from them confirming receipt of documents sent through email. You have no option other than waiting for an update from them. Just keep your spirits high.

You will not get any reply email from them confirming receipt of documents sent through email. You have no option other than waiting for an update from them. Just keep your spirits high.

Jai.. I checked with many people everybody got the confirmation email that they received the documents. I tried contacting them at trtinv and trtFPU regarding the confirmation email but no response. Now I do not know if they are getting my emails.

Archived