221 g Blue Slip - Chennai Consulate - Got cleared in 100 days - H1B Visa Issued

gitasankar

Hi All,

First of all THANKS A LOT AND LOT to this forum and the users here. I would like to share my experience and it might be helpful for others whoever is coming across the 221 g Blue slip from Chennai Consualte.

I got 221 g Blue slip from Chennai Consulate and it got cleared in 100 days. I was issued 221 g by saying that Consulate wanted to go for Additional Administratvie Processing. They collected my below documents:

Original H1B perition papers,

Original Client letter,

Copies of all of my previous I-797s,

Copy of my GC I-140, and

W2 2012.

No further documents were requested. The below are the details about my 221 g case:

Work Model: EVC

H1B Extension: 7th year extension with GC I-140

Interview date: 07/23/2013

Employment verification with my client manager: First and Second week of August 2013. My client manager got an email form USCIS with list of questions about my employment. He responded back to the email on 08/12/2013. Again he got phone call from USCIS and they discussed about the email with him.

Status updated date in CEAC website: 10/22/2013

Got an email from US Travel Docs to collect my document from Visa Application Center: 10/29/2013

Collected the documents from OFC/Visa Application Center and Submitted my passport: 11/31/2013

(I have collected these documents: Original H1B petition papers, origional Client letter and new 221 g form in a sealed envelope. The new 221 g form asked me to send my passports to them for visa issuance.)

Got an email from US Travel Docs to collect my passport from OFC/Visa Application Center: 11/06/2013

Collected the passports back from OFC with visa stamped: 11/08/2013.

My client was so supprotive to me during all these 3 months of wait time. They allowed me to work from India.

Good luck to every one. Thanks again to Murthy.com.

@Rahul,

I agree with you. but some guys who are working on EVVC model getting stamping very eaisly in the first interview itself. Sametime some full time guys are also getting 221 g.

Each H1 is a different case, you cannot compare one's result with your result.

AFAIK, their should be some reason for issuing 221g. They won't do it for no reason.

Archived