What are docs reqd for family visitor visa

vnellai

Hi: 

I am a GC holder and my family (spouse & daughter) are in India as my daughter is working there. I don't want to apply for GC for my spouse now (may be later in the future). Now, I want them here on visitor visa to join me. How to proceed? What are all the docs reqd as I dont have any idea about B-2 visa? Please guide.

Thanks

vnellai

Hi: 

I am a GC holder and my family (spouse & daughter) are in India as my daughter is working there. I don't want to apply for GC for my spouse now (may be later in the future). Now, I want them here on visitor visa to join me. How to proceed? What are all the docs reqd as I dont have any idea about B-2 visa? Please guide.

Thanks

vnellai

I doubt they will be eligible for a visitor visa and they are looked as immigrants because of your GC status.

Hi: 

Thanks

vnellai

What's the guarantee that they will go back when the family head is a GC holder??

Better to consult an attorney.

Thanks for your comments!

Well, my spouse has got apt rental lease signed in her name in India and my daughter is working in India. Hope these should be good enough to say that they will return to back after visit?

Your wife's name in apartment lease agreement is not a strong evidence to show her ties to home country. How much she would have to pay if she breaks the agreement? 2 to 3 months rent? That is nothing. As I said earlier it is a tough situation. Let them apply and see what happens. Also, better to consult an immigration attorney.

Thanks for your comments!

Well, my spouse has got apt rental lease signed in her name in India and my daughter is working in India. Hope these should be good enough to say that they will return to back after visit?

Better consult an attorney, I don't think vo will be convinced no matter what ties they show since you are a GC holder.

Don't you have any option other than visiting visa??

Archived