Stamping @ Ottawa- Passport Delays

ranjan457

Hello Folks, 

Do any one have passport delays after H1b approval at Ottawa Consulate.

My Visa was approved on Oct 29 and as said by VO i should get an update in MY information for picking up passport from Loomis. Its been more than Five business day i have'nt heard any update or email from consulate.

Please let me know if any one got thier passports after intermittently delay and how long does it take. 

Thanks,

Ranjan

Hi,

I am in the same boat. My Interview date was 11/04/2013, Monday @ 10:00 AM.

Interview went well & we were given white paper which has instruction to check status & how to collect passport.

Till yet  i don't see any update yet.

If anyone had interview on 11/4/2013, Monday, request you to pls share your experience.

Regards,

Rasik

Hi,

I am in the same boat. My Interview date was 11/04/2013, Monday @ 10:00 AM.

Interview went well & we were given white paper which has instruction to check status & how to collect passport.

Till yet  i don't see any update yet.

If anyone had interview on 11/4/2013, Monday, request you to pls share your experience.

Regards,

Rasik

Hello,

I had my interview on 11/06/2013, and im in the same boat. Not sure why it is taking so long. Please keep us posted once you hear back from them.

Thanks,

Areddy.

Hi Folks,

Few mins back i checked my status & it showed be as " Issued" on CEAC . Hope you guys see this status soon.

But there is no waybill no updated to my account. may be it amy update by tomorrow. Will keep u posted.

Thanks & have a great day.

Regards,

SRP26

Hi Folks,

Few mins back i checked my status & it showed be as " Issued" on CEAC . Hope you guys see this status soon.

But there is no waybill no updated to my account. may be it amy update by tomorrow. Will keep u posted.

Thanks & have a great day.

Regards,

SRP26

Congrats! Hope we hear on our status soon too.

Still the CEAC status is "Issued". But no mail with regards no waybill yet. Even went at Loomies pick up location & they have not received any passport from embassy yet.

Have to wait till Monday now.

Regards,

srp26

Hi srp26,

Did you get you waybill Number and If Yes - When did you get that?

Can you please provide the Time Line?

Thanks in Advance,

KPatel

Hi Folks,

Back again with good news & timelines.

Timeline for Canada visitor visa,

09/05/2013 - Applied for Canada Visa on 09/05/2013 (Online)

09/20/2013 - Received email update to submit passport from Canada embassy

09/21/2013 - Submitted passports through USPS

09/23/2913 - Canada Embassy received passports

09/27/2013 - Received passport with Canada visitor visa (multiple) 3 years

09/29/2013 - Scheduled an interview @ Ottawa, Canada for 4th November 2013

11/03/2013 - Started early morning for Ottawa with family by own car

11/03/2013 - Hotel check in

11/04/2013 - Interview was schedule @ 10:00 AM but we reach 30 min before

11/04/2013 -  VO was good & asked few basic question & he said that there were some technical issues. He said there would be delay of 24 hrs. He kept passport & provide the white paper which had instruction to check status & how to collect passport  from loomies

11/06/2013 - CEAC status  updated as "Administrative Processing"

11/07/2013 - CEAC status updated as "Issued" but no waybill number from embassy yet

11/08/2013 - Received mail from embassy with waybill no @ 5:30 PM. Loomies pick up location gets closed by 6:00 PM & are closed on Sat & Sun. Reached at lommies location before 6:00 PM but they had not updated system & was told to come next business day which was Monday (11/11/2013).

11/11/2013 - Collect passport @ 8:00 AM from loomies pickup location & drove back to USA

Imp Note - I had missed submitting I-94 during crossing border from USA to Canada, later I realize that. While coming back I  submitted I-94. I was charged $ 6.00 per I-94. We were 4 & hence end up paying $24.00.

In all each day after interview was tensed since it didn’t went as per my planning. We had planned to tour in Canada but delay in getting passport made it failure. But overall it was good that I got stamped.

Regards,

Srp26

• 2 weeks later...

snmk_murali,

I had the interview on 26th nov and haven't received the case update yet. VO told me that my case need PIMS Update and I should expect some update on dec 02 , but the case has been admin processing since the interview date. Please share if you hear anything back from them .

I had an Interview on November 12 and Still did not receive the Passport.

And CEAC is still showing the Administrative Processing... I do not know what they are Processing... and How long does it takes.

Please be in touch and Update here if your status updates.

Thank You,

Krupesh Patel

Krupesh,

Did  you case need PIMS verification or is it just they haven't send you the passport even the visa was approved?

Thanks,

Raz.

Krupesh,

Did  you case need PIMS verification or is it just they haven't send you the passport even the visa was approved?

Thanks,

Raz.

I do not required any PIMS verification.

They gave me 221g with the Blue Slip and Asked me for the Resume.

However, I submitted my resume on the same day but still haven't heard anything from them.

They are so stupid and slow. I don't even know what they are doing and why they are taking so long.

any ways, I will update here if in case I see anything on my Status. I request to all you guys to do the same, Please.

Thank You all,

Krupesh

Archived