Apply for B2 visa while wife in US on H1B

bosearijit

My wife is currently working in US on a H1B visa. Her current H1B visa expired on 30 Sep 2013 and her employer has already filed for an extension in June 2013 which is yet to be approved .

I am working as full time employee in Canada on work permit for last 4 months.

Can I apply for a B2 visa to visit my wife in US ? I earlier had an H4 visa which also expired with her H1B visa on 30 Sep 2013 ( I visited her on H4 couple of times for 10 days each ). I cannot apply for an H4 visa as her extension is still pending.

Also if I go to visa interview for B2 visa should I mention to the officer that I am going to visit my wife ?

What are the chances of me getting B2 visa ?

Has anyone faced the same scenario. Please can you share your experience.

Note : I am an indian citizen

Thanks for any help

My wife is currently working in US on a H1B visa. Her current H1B visa expired on 30 Sep 2013 and her employer has already filed for an extension in June 2013 which is yet to be approved .

I am working as full time employee in Canada on work permit for last 4 months.

Can I apply for a B2 visa to visit my wife in US ? I earlier had an H4 visa which also expired with her H1B visa on 30 Sep 2013 ( I visited her on H4 couple of times for 10 days each ). I cannot apply for an H4 visa as her extension is still pending.

Also if I go to visa interview for B2 visa should I mention to the officer that I am going to visit my wife ?

Note : I am an indian citizen

Thanks for any help

Well, in your DS160 itself you will have to mention details about your wife. So VO would know about your wife's status.

It would be better to apply for H4 but you could always give the reason that since your wife's H1B extension approval is pending you opted for B2. This is my opinion.

While filling your DS form, you will enter your wife's legal status details. So obviously your B2 will be rejected.

Better to go for H4 and more over this is the easiest one to get it.

Archived