Do you need previous employer's original i797 for visa stamping?

vgan

Hi,

I recently got a new job. I have started my H1-B transfer with the new company with the photocopy of my I797 & all other documents with premium processing. So i should get my i797 with the new employer soon. My previous employer has not given me my original I797. And i am planning a visit to my home country end of november. So for visa stamping, will i need original 797 of my previous employer as well or just the current one is fine?

Would really appreciate if anyone can help me on this.

Thanks!

Hi,

I recently got a new job. I have started my H1-B transfer with the new company with the photocopy of my I797 & all other documents with premium processing. So i should get my i797 with the new employer soon. My previous employer has not given me my original I797. And i am planning a visit to my home country end of november. So for visa stamping, will i need original 797 of my previous employer as well or just the current one is fine?

Would really appreciate if anyone can help me on this.

Thanks!

U should have your original I797...

Ask your previous employer to send the documents to you.. say something like u r going india and need documents, if he is not aware of ur transfer yet...

I appeared for H1B visa interview at Chennai consulate on 07/23/2013. I am in EVC Model. I have been staying in US since 2006. This is my 7th year extension through my GC I-140. I was asked to all of my original previous I-797s right from the day 1 of my US stay. I shown all the original I-797s. They verified all of my I-797s for the years from 2006 to 2013. They made copies of all of my I-797s and returned the original back to me.

Anyhow I was issued 221 g - Blue slip by saying that they want to go for Additional Administrative Processing. I am waiting to hear from them. I have completed 97 days so far. 

If you don't have original I-797, at least the copy of your previous I-797 will do I guess. But I am not sure whether the consulate will be satisfied with copy of your previous I-797 instead of original. 

Archived