Getting Visa stamped from India for already approved H4 in US

AshuSAT

Greetings...

I got my L1 to H1 converted in US and H4 for my wife and daughter. I got all approvals but visa is not stamped on passport. 

Now my wife has to travel India without me.

Is there any problem for her to get her Visa (H4) stamped since my Visa (H1B) in NOT stamped?

Also what document she will need in Embassy during interview?

Help is appreciated.

Greetings...

I got my L1 to H1 converted in US and H4 for my wife and daughter. I got all approvals but visa is not stamped on passport. 

Now my wife has to travel India without me.

Is there any problem for her to get her Visa (H4) stamped since my Visa (H1B) in NOT stamped?

Also what document she will need in Embassy during interview?

Help is appreciated.

No problem. She needs a copy of all your H1B petition documents including latest pay stubs and very important your I797 approval notice for H1B.

No problem. She needs a copy of all your H1B petition documents including latest pay stubs and very important your I797 approval notice for H1B.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

One more question :) I was looking for documents required for H4 Visa. Do we need same documents in this case, as H4 is already approved in this case and visa fees is also given. Do my wife and daughter have to fill DS-160 form again and pay visa fees?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

One more question :) I was looking for documents required for H4 Visa. Do we need same documents in this case, as H4 is already approved in this case and visa fees is also given. Do my wife and daughter have to fill DS-160 form again and pay visa fees?

It is better for your wife to carry a copy of all your H1B filing documents including I797, latest pay stubs, etc. When you applied for a change of status you never paid visa fees. Now when your wife and daughter apply at US consulate they need to fill DS160 and pay visa fees

Archived