H1 B 221(g) in Hyderabad on 23rd Oct

santos12123

Hi Guys,

I have attended the Visa Interview on 23rd Oct 2013 I have been Issued a 221(g) White Slip checked with the Additional Administrative Processing required to make a final decision option on the slip.

The Interview happened for less than 2 mins the VO first asked me my passport and I797, and then after scanning my passport and I797 asked me my Company's name, asked me how i came to know about this company-- I mentioned through online and applied for the position and then he asked me my client Letter ( i have a valid client as my H1 was approved based on the client letter) i told him my client. Then he asked me to give me all my documents I797, I129, LCA, Client letter, Employer Letter, everything and asked me to wait, after 20 mins he called me and gave me this slip and mentioned we cannot issue a visa today, Thank you go...

I was expecting a clarification so stood there for 5 secs and he said read the document and Go......

can any body please explain me what would that be about and also what we can expect from the 221(g).

Thanks in Advance

Hi Guys,

I have attended the Visa Interview on 23rd Oct 2013 I have been Issued a 221(g) White Slip checked with the Additional Administrative Processing required to make a final decision option on the slip.

The Interview happened for less than 2 mins the VO first asked me my passport and I797, and then after scanning my passport and I797 asked me my Company's name, asked me how i came to know about this company-- I mentioned through online and applied for the position and then he asked me my client Letter ( i have a valid client as my H1 was approved based on the client letter) i told him my client. Then he asked me to give me all my documents I797, I129, LCA, Client letter, Employer Letter, everything and asked me to wait, after 20 mins he called me and gave me this slip and mentioned we cannot issue a visa today, Thank you go...

I was expecting a clarification so stood there for 5 secs and he said read the document and Go......

can any body please explain me what would that be about and also what we can expect from the 221(g).

Thanks in Advance

I had a similar experience, however, in Chennai consulate. I just waited for about 2 months until I heard back from the consulate to submit my passport. Since they took all photocopies of documents on the day of VI, they didn't ask me for any documents later. Last week they sent me another 221g asking me to submit my passport which I did. I am presently waiting to receive the passport back with the visa stamp.

Hope this helps!

Archived