Successful stamping @Toronto on 21st OCT.

vinayH1

Hi All, 

Thanks for the admins and the Users for making this forum very useful.

I had my visa interview Oct 21st, 8am. Everything went smooth, all formalities took 45 mins, Actual Interview was 10 mins and I was granted the visa. By 9:05am I was out.

1. Went to the counter to get my passport and DS 160 confirmation page in a blue folder and he stamped a seal on the confirmation page.

2. Went to the counter and have given the latest I 797 and got the token number.

3. Finger prints were collected.

4. A Chinese (Non-Indian Asian) lady was the VO and asked few questions related to,

my company,

what do they do,

what is my role and responsibilities,

Who is my end client, what do i do there.

how long was I employed by the company and She asked about how my masters is related to what i am doing now. Then she verified some information on the computer and said that the VISA is APPROVED and i will get an email in 3-5 business days.

She gave me a white paper which has the details of collection of my passport.

But till now I dont see any update on https://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/p , not even as pending status.

Does any one know how long it will take to status to turn "ready for pickup" in Brampton,Toronto ??

Congrats on your Visa.

Are you from non computer Science(in Masters) background which might have prompted her to ask "how my masters is related to what i am doing now?"

What did you answer for that question.

Yes, I am from Electrical Background so she asked me that question, but some how i managed to convince her.

Was there any issue with PIMS for you?

I dont see any issue, because 2 weeks before, my Lawyer has sent a copy of my petition along with my approved I797 to PIMS to update their database. But i dont know whether they updated or not, And i didnt even get any note like"NO PIMS Verification".But she took my I797 along with my passport,  I dont know the reason for the delay.

Archived