Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikunj1981

H1B layoff- Very very UEGRNT PLEASE!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hi, I was on H1b visa with company A and my last date on paycheck was Oct 11th. I haven't appied for COS to B2 yet. I will do this today.

 

1) What are the chances my B2 will get approved.

2) If before it get approved company B is filing H1b what are the chances of H1b approval.

3) If B2 gets denied what are the options.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I was on H1b visa with company A and my last date on paycheck was Oct 11th. I haven't appied for COS to B2 yet. I will do this today.

 

1) What are the chances my B2 will get approved.

2) If before it get approved company B is filing H1b what are the chances of H1b approval.

3) If B2 gets denied what are the options.

1. Should not be a problem.

2. Same like a normal H1B transfer. Probably you might get I797B and you need to go out of US for visa stamping.

3. Leave the country the next day after denial.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I was on H1b visa with company A and my last date on paycheck was Oct 11th. I haven't appied for COS to B2 yet. I will do this today.

 

1) What are the chances my B2 will get approved.

If your intention satisfies the visa category, I don't see a reason why it cannot be approved.

 

 

2) If before it get approved company B is filing H1b what are the chances of H1b approval.

Same as what you had before with company A ( if all your documents are in order)

 

3) If B2 gets denied what are the options.

 I think you may have some time, for your appeals. After you exhaust all of your appeals process, unfortunately you might have to leave the country. I would consult a lawyer to evaluate your options, before you make any decisions.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I was on H1b visa with company A and my last date on paycheck was Oct 11th. I haven't appied for COS to B2 yet. I will do this today.

 

1) What are the chances my B2 will get approved.

2) If before it get approved company B is filing H1b what are the chances of H1b approval.

3) If B2 gets denied what are the options.

1. No idea. I wish you get it

2. I am assuming you asking for "change of employer" and not new application for this years quota (bcoz that is over). You can start working as soon application is sent to USCIS.

3.

a) Go back to home country

b) Ask a consulting company to apply for "change of employer" and keep running your payroll with minimum wage. That way you will be legally allowed to stay in US and look for another project.

 

Hope this helps.

 

3. 

Share this post


Link to post

A few days do not matter. File a COS to B2 showing proof of finances. In the meantime any company can get your H1 petition approved. It should not matter if you have to leave and come back with the H1 visa if needed.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you all for your responses....I have few more questions.....

 

1) If my COS from H1b to B2 is pending and new company B is filing H1b that company will have to send B2 withdrawal alongwith H1b or will have to wait for H1b approval.

 

2) What if H1b gets approved and new company file for B2 withdrawal and in the meantime B2 also gets approved.

 

Please help. I really appreciate your responses. Thanks.....

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you all for your responses....I have few more questions.....

 

1) If my COS from H1b to B2 is pending and new company B is filing H1b that company will have to send B2 withdrawal alongwith H1b or will have to wait for H1b approval.

 

2) What if H1b gets approved and new company file for B2 withdrawal and in the meantime B2 also gets approved.

 

Please help. I really appreciate your responses. Thanks.....

1. Wait for H1B approval. Do it in premium processing

2. You would need to exit and enter US on H1B visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Thanks,
 
1) If I am including my wife also in the same I539 (COS from H4 to B2) still I will have to pay fees for two or just $290 asked?
 
2) Do I need to mention in cover letter when exactly I got laid off (I mean Oct 11th) or I can just say "very recently I got laid off"?
 

Many Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

 

Thanks,

 

1) If I am including my wife also in the same I539 (COS from H4 to B2) still I will have to pay fees for two or just $290 asked?

 

2) Do I need to mention in cover letter when exactly I got laid off (I mean Oct 11th) or I can just say "very recently I got laid off"?

 

Many Thanks.

 

1. One application form for both of you with a check for $290

2. There is no need to mention specific dates. Let it be a generalized cover letter.

Share this post


Link to post

 

Thanks,

 

1) If I am including my wife also in the same I539 (COS from H4 to B2) still I will have to pay fees for two or just $290 asked?

 

2) Do I need to mention in cover letter when exactly I got laid off (I mean Oct 11th) or I can just say "very recently I got laid off"?

 

Many Thanks.

 

Hi,

I am in similar situation, What did you end up doing? Did you file B2 and got H1b with or without i-94?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×