H1B layoff- Very very UEGRNT PLEASE!!!!!

nikunj1981

Hi, I was on H1b visa with company A and my last date on paycheck was Oct 11th. I haven't appied for COS to B2 yet. I will do this today.

1) What are the chances my B2 will get approved.

2) If before it get approved company B is filing H1b what are the chances of H1b approval.

3) If B2 gets denied what are the options.

Hi, I was on H1b visa with company A and my last date on paycheck was Oct 11th. I haven't appied for COS to B2 yet. I will do this today.

2) If before it get approved company B is filing H1b what are the chances of H1b approval.

1. Should not be a problem.

2. Same like a normal H1B transfer. Probably you might get I797B and you need to go out of US for visa stamping.

3. Leave the country the next day after denial.

If your intention satisfies the visa category, I don't see a reason why it cannot be approved.

Same as what you had before with company A ( if all your documents are in order)

I think you may have some time, for your appeals. After you exhaust all of your appeals process, unfortunately you might have to leave the country. I would consult a lawyer to evaluate your options, before you make any decisions.

1. No idea. I wish you get it

2. I am assuming you asking for "change of employer" and not new application for this years quota (bcoz that is over). You can start working as soon application is sent to USCIS.

a) Go back to home country

b) Ask a consulting company to apply for "change of employer" and keep running your payroll with minimum wage. That way you will be legally allowed to stay in US and look for another project.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your responses....I have few more questions.....

1) If my COS from H1b to B2 is pending and new company B is filing H1b that company will have to send B2 withdrawal alongwith H1b or will have to wait for H1b approval.

2) What if H1b gets approved and new company file for B2 withdrawal and in the meantime B2 also gets approved.

Please help. I really appreciate your responses. Thanks.....

Thank you all for your responses....I have few more questions.....

1) If my COS from H1b to B2 is pending and new company B is filing H1b that company will have to send B2 withdrawal alongwith H1b or will have to wait for H1b approval.

2) What if H1b gets approved and new company file for B2 withdrawal and in the meantime B2 also gets approved.

Please help. I really appreciate your responses. Thanks.....

1. Wait for H1B approval. Do it in premium processing

2. You would need to exit and enter US on H1B visa.

Thanks,

1) If I am including my wife also in the same I539 (COS from H4 to B2) still I will have to pay fees for two or just $290 asked?

2) Do I need to mention in cover letter when exactly I got laid off (I mean Oct 11th) or I can just say "very recently I got laid off"?

Many Thanks.

1. One application form for both of you with a check for $290

2. There is no need to mention specific dates. Let it be a generalized cover letter.

• 9 months later...

Thanks,

1) If I am including my wife also in the same I539 (COS from H4 to B2) still I will have to pay fees for two or just $290 asked?

2) Do I need to mention in cover letter when exactly I got laid off (I mean Oct 11th) or I can just say "very recently I got laid off"?

Many Thanks.

Hi,

I am in similar situation, What did you end up doing? Did you file B2 and got H1b with or without i-94?

Thanks.

Archived