Pre-OPT denied after evidence was sent for RFE

rahul513

Hello,

I worked on CPT for 8 months. for 3 months i worked as part-time and the rest of the CPT I worked as full time intern. 

I applied for Pre-OPT and I received RFE. I replied with evidence. The evidence I submitted for CPT didn't include the works hours properly. So my Pre-OPT application got denied. 

How can i move forward ? I plan to apply for post-OPT, will I need to submit the new evidence while applying along with rejection letter ? Do i need letter from the international office supporting my case ?

Do get back on this.

Rahul

The reason for rejection was I was allowed to work part time for first three months. I worked for part time only. But the letter from the HR made a mistake while reporting my work history with the company. Its reported i was full time employee which is wrong. The CPT employer has agreed to format the letter and report the correct number of hours. 

JoeF : I haven't made a mistake but the CPT employer made a mistake while reporting my work history.  I needed the letter from my CPT employer for the RFE. 

Can I now apply for Post-OPT with the new letter from my CPT employer which reports correct work hours. 

The reason for rejection was I was allowed to work part time for first three months. I worked for part time only. But the letter from the HR made a mistake while reporting my work history with the company. Its reported i was full time employee which is wrong. The CPT employer has agreed to format the letter and report the correct number of hours. 

I guess that letter should fix the problem. But I say contact an attorney so that you won't make another mistake.

Archived