H1B Transfer questions

visaql1b

Hello, Below are my questions-

1. My H1 transfer with company 'A' (normal, not PP) is underway for 1 month now, I joined my new company (A) with the receipt. Is there anyway I can switch to a different company/job (B) now ?

2. If my current company 'A' decides to withdraw my petition, is there any grace period I have to switch to a new company 'C' within the grace period ?

3. Can I ask my company 'A' (currently doing H1 transfer), to do Premium processing for the already filed transfer? How much extra would this cost and how much more time will this take ?

4. If at all I get RFE for my H1 transfer, can I do Premium processing from that stage onwards ? Basically, can we prompt for premium processing at any stage of processing ?

5. My H1-B processing is going on for nearly 5 weeks, is it worth to go for premium processing now ?

Hello, Below are my questions-

1. My H1 transfer with company 'A' (normal, not PP) is underway for 1 month now, I joined my new company (A) with the receipt. Is there anyway I can switch to a different company/job (B) now ?

2. If my current company 'A' decides to withdraw my petition, is there any grace period I have to switch to a new company 'C' within the grace period ?

3. Can I ask my company 'A' (currently doing H1 transfer), to do Premium processing for the already filed transfer? How much extra would this cost and how much more time will this take ?

4. If at all I get RFE for my H1 transfer, can I do Premium processing from that stage onwards ? Basically, can we prompt for premium processing at any stage of processing ?

5. My H1-B processing is going on for nearly 5 weeks, is it worth to go for premium processing now ?

1. Yes

2. Not sure

3. Yes. USD 1000 PP fee + lawyer fee and you get results in 2 weeks

4. Yes, refer to 3 above

5. Yes. With the shutdown, there is a big backlog and therefore making pp will process it in 2 weeks (hopefully).

Have a further question here.

What petition will be used for transfer from company 'A' to say 'B'

Because, since transfer is not complete, I don't have approved petition for 'A' and since its more than a month that I quit, my old petition might be void.

Archived