No Time For H1B Ammendment

UDI456

I applied for H1B Ammendment in april 2013 and got approved with client x. Now i moved to client Y in September 2013,i need to be in india in next 15 days. 

I do not have ammendment so far. i have a valid LCA.

There is no change in my role or in my salary.

Can i attend the stamping with my old H1B Approval? what are the risks involved if i attend with my old H1B approval?

I applied for H1B Ammendment in april 2013 and got approved with client x. Now i moved to client Y in September 2013,i need to be in india in next 15 days. 

I do not have ammendment so far. i have a valid LCA.

There is no change in my role or in my salary.

Can i attend the stamping with my old H1B Approval? what are the risks involved if i attend with my old H1B approval?

As per rule you dont need Amendment each time you change client.Its only when you change ur employer...

its like this 

If you applied for H1 from Emp A and got it for 3 years . Within 1 year if you want to change to another employer you have option to fill amendment for next 2 years or new H1. But now a days everyone is doing its for safeside. True fact is ...You don't need amendment ...You can show ur H1 and LCA. There would no problem .I have few friends who got stamped.

As per rule you dont need Amendment each time you change client.Its only when you change ur employer...

its like this 

If you applied for H1 from Emp A and got it for 3 years . Within 1 year if you want to change to another employer you have option to fill amendment for next 2 years or new H1. But now a days everyone is doing its for safeside. True fact is ...You don't need amendment ...You can show ur H1 and LCA. There would no problem .I have few friends who got stamped.

I think this is incorrect. Amendment needs to be filed whenever there is a change in place of work. H1B allows the beneficiary to work at a certain work location mentioned in the LCA. So, if the work location changes, an amendment is necessary

its like this 

If change in employer, you file new H1 (transfer).

If change in the client, you file amendment. And these two are completely different

Rahul is right. I have the same situation and my attorney asked me to do amendment everytime i move to different state for new client. I did and recently i got stamping. Little gambling involved if you attend with old approval. you can get balck jack right away or you may bust (50-50 chances)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived