Visa Questions in Toronto Oct 15, PIMS..Please help

nitish

Hello,

I has my interview today for H1B stamping at Toronto, Canada at 8AM slot. following are the details:

VO: Give me your I-797

Me: Given

VO: What do you for this xyz company?

me: I work as xxx and my responsibilities

VO: Is this your only employer?

me: No sir, I worked for another company before too

VO: What is your salary?

me: I told my CURRENT salary

VO: I see you were in a different status when you came to USA for first time? Were you a student?

me: Yes, sir I did my Master of Science in Industrial Engineering

VO: Looked into some details and he said everything looks good BUT unfortunately my system does NOT show your approved petition.(H1B Amendment)

me: I asked VO, sir can I know what should I be providing from my side?

VO replied: You dont have to do anything, just wait for PIMS to get updated and we will notify you once updated. Also mentioned that, we will NOT be needing to do any kind of admin processing, just wait for couple of weeks for your passport. He said technically, it is NOT approved so he gave me yellow slip 221G and wrote PIMS.

Can anyone please help on PIMS update? Does anyone has any info to share?

They took my passport though.

Thanks

Nitish

Hey..

I don't have any new information for you, I had the exact same problem with them at the same time as you. Interview at 8:00 am in Toronto. Was given an yellow 221G slip with PIMS on it.

The reason specified was that the Chennai consulate was the primary consulate notified, this consualte just needs to verify with PIMS. Even I was told 2 weeks, but looking at other posts, hopefully 2-3 days ?

Let me know if you get an email or the status changes online.

Hello everyone,

I am getting this message when I check my status online for PIMS update:

Does everyone gets the same message?

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Hi nm_h1b,

No I did not get my status updated yet. It is really annoying that this is something which we cant do anything except waiting.

Interview date: Oct 15

Last Status update date: Oct 17

It still says "Admin procesing" on ceac.state.gov.

Please let me know if anyone got the status cleared.

Thanks

No updates yet. No email or anything from them. I had the interview at the same time as Nitish.

Nitish, Did they take your I797 along with your passport ? They took both for me

@nitish

Did you get the pims issue sorted, could you please let us know on when your pims was updated and how long it took....

Thanks

Hope to get passport soon. Wish you good luck  everyone. My I-797 was approved on Sep 09,2013, this is the notice date on it.

let me tell you guys, I do not think this would matter because, one of the employee from my company got his i797 approved current week and he got it stamped following week in Kingston, Jamaica. 

USCIS have been trained to send out another copy to KCC for PIMS update. This is a true USCIS article I have read, not throwing rumours. But no one has any clue on why they do it correct for some and not for others.

@nm_h1b. Finally good news for you..  My petition was approved Sept 24, I guess mine is the most recent in the 3 of us.

When was your interview ? And was it at Toronto ? Looks like Toronto is a little slower than Calagary ?

Also, how do you know it was updated ? Any change in the visa status page  or email ?

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support.....I finally got my PIMS updated today.

My case is similar to Nitish.....hope everybody will see something good today.

Thanks

Nitish...

Nothing yet, Waiting I guess. I found a few threads that help...

Two people from Ottawa, @kdeepu and @chicagoan1982 who were at Ottawa. They had interview on 16th and issued on 22nd. I posted in that thread asking for more info, but not yet moderator approved.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/65559-ottawa-visa-approved-but-petition-info-not-avalable-in-system/

One person from Toronto @renquiry. Interview on 8th Oct and issued maybe on 18th ? I posted in that thread asking for more info, but not yet moderator approved.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/65213-h1b-visa-approved-but-admin-process/

Hi t2v,

Did you got any response yet? any update?

nm_h1b, can you please reply on your current status?

Thanks

Nitish

Nitish...

Nothing yet, Waiting I guess. I found a few threads that help...

Two people from Ottawa, @kdeepu and @chicagoan1982 who were at Ottawa. They had interview on 16th and issued on 22nd. I posted in that thread asking for more info, but not yet moderator approved.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/65559-ottawa-visa-approved-but-petition-info-not-avalable-in-system/

One person from Toronto @renquiry. Interview on 8th Oct and issued maybe on 18th ? I posted in that thread asking for more info, but not yet moderator approved.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/65213-h1b-visa-approved-but-admin-process/

My Visa Experience. Greetings and some general questions like whom do u work.? who is your client? what u do ? and salary?

VO : Your Visa is approved, but some of your information is not updated in 

our electronic systems it may take 2 or 3 days longer.Even you cant do anything 

other than waiting and gave me a printout of how to track my passport.  

ME : Thank you sir, I just want to clarify one things.

My I-797 also will get along with my passport ? because he didn't give me my original. 

VO : Yes

ME : Thank you. 

Even though we read lot of forums and threads, u will still see something new in your case. That's why i would like to share.

Day1: Interview 

Day2: waiting, and checking the status through CSC ( It will update only once your visa issued and passport is shipped - So no use of checking here )

Day3: waiting. Checked with DOS website through online.  Updated as Administrative Processing it may take some weeks or longer.

Day4: waiting. 

Day5: waiting.

day6: waiting.( i could not wait i called PIMS,USCIS,DOS everybody they told same status what i see online.)

day7: i went to consulate. they didn't listen since its not even 5 working days according to them. they told me to wait. and said come at 3 PM for more info 

day7: Afternoon there is counter they check in systems and give you an udpate. They Gave me a slip to collect my passport at embassy itself in two days.

day8: waiting. Online status changed to ISSUED.( CEAC and still no info on CSC - and it wont be since i got a pick up slip they wont ship it)

day9: collected passport 3pm@counter and back to USA.

So VO Already told me 2 or 3 days longer that means regular process 2 or 3 working days.

but still i was so worried until i see visa stamp on it. 

If everything goes well its 3-5 working days.

if something like my situation 2 weeks(PIMS Issue). IF you get query then its real pain.

they wont even redirect your phone call until 60days over of ur document submission.

not sure when we will get it. 

@t2v : Thanks for you reply on my other thread. 

Its all depend on what VO told at the time of your interview How many days he told.?

in my case he took passport and told this, But 

When i went to collect my passport at embassy, There is guy next to me he is same like your situation.

he attended on oct2 and they told PIMS not update and gave passport and yellow slip 221g and told come and give your passport

after 1 day or 2 days i think. Then he submitted next day or so.. Then it turned to Admin processing. and Oct18 morning he got mail 

u can come and pick ur passport at embassy they didn't ship. 

@Renquiry .

This was helpful, maybe it will stop fears for a bit. In both Nitish and mine's case, The VO took the passport and I-797, gave us a yellow 221G slip with PIMS.

From your comments looks like your visit might have helped, I might do the same and give it a shot. What hurts.

My Visa Experience. Greetings and some general questions like whom do u work.? who is your client? what u do ? and salary?

VO : Your Visa is approved, but some of your information is not updated in 
        our electronic systems it may take 2 or 3 days longer.Even you cant do anything 
         other than waiting and gave me a printout of how to track my passport.  

ME : Thank you sir, I just want to clarify one things.

My I-797 also will get along with my passport ? because he didn't give me my original. 

VO : Yes
ME : Thank you. 
Even though we read lot of forums and threads, u will still see something new in your case. That's why i would like to share.

Day1: Interview 
Day2: waiting, and checking the status through CSC ( It will update only once your visa issued and passport is shipped - So no use of checking here )
Day3: waiting. Checked with DOS website through online.  Updated as Administrative Processing it may take some weeks or longer.
Day4: waiting. 
Day5: waiting.
day6: waiting.( i could not wait i called PIMS,USCIS,DOS everybody they told same status what i see online.)
day7: i went to consulate. they didn't listen since its not even 5 working days according to them. they told me to wait. and said come at 3 PM for more info 
day7: Afternoon there is counter they check in systems and give you an udpate. They Gave me a slip to collect my passport at embassy itself in two days.
day8: waiting. Online status changed to ISSUED.( CEAC and still no info on CSC - and it wont be since i got a pick up slip they wont ship it)
day9: collected passport 3pm@counter and back to USA.

So VO Already told me 2 or 3 days longer that means regular process 2 or 3 working days.
but still i was so worried until i see visa stamp on it. 

If everything goes well its 3-5 working days.
if something like my situation 2 weeks(PIMS Issue). IF you get query then its real pain.
   they wont even redirect your phone call until 60days over of ur document submission.
    not sure when we will get it. 

@t2v : Thanks for you reply on my other thread. 

Its all depend on what VO told at the time of your interview How many days he told.?

in my case he took passport and told this, But 

When i went to collect my passport at embassy, There is guy next to me he is same like your situation.

he attended on oct2 and they told PIMS not update and gave passport and yellow slip 221g and told come and give your passport

after 1 day or 2 days i think. Then he submitted next day or so.. Then it turned to Admin processing. and Oct18 morning he got mail 

u can come and pick ur passport at embassy they didn't ship. 

He was at Toronto only on Oct 8th. Go to the consulate today and try your luck if you want, I will be visiting today and trying, I'll let you know if something happens

Hi Renquiry,

Can you please tell me which embassy you visited? And what did you asked at the counter? Mine was at Toronto, so am not sure even if they allow to enquire anything at consulate?

Thanks

Nitish

OK..

@Nitish.. My wife, who I was posting for all these days, just went to the consulate with her yellow PIMS slip, told the security guard she wanted an update, she was let in and spoke to an officer I guess.

The officer looked at the case, was surprised, and apparently called up somebody else and asked, "Why is she still waiting ? Everything is ok with her case". Then the officer gave her the standard instruction sheet on how to pick up passport with Loomis and said wait 3-5 days.

I'm assuming they will issue soon now, fingers crossed, You might want to drop by the place if u can.

@Nitish, 

Not Issued yet, since she went at around 2:00 pm only, but the Status updated date has changed to today, Oct 24th. Im assuming that is because they looked into the case, may not be indicative of some progress.

Hi t2v,

thanks very much for the update. Thats great to hear some positive news. Did your status got updated to issued yet?

Thanks

Nitish

Archived