Need Guidance - Payroll did not run for 2 weeks on H1B in march2013

Alien99

Hi,

In march mid I joined fulltime from contracting and it seems my consulting company did not run payroll for march!! My fulltime company runs payroll for every 2 weeks so i have payroll for march 2nd half but not for 1st half(when i was working as a contractor!). I have visa interview scheduled this month end. Can some please advise if my previous employer can run the missing payroll now as I am no more on their H1B??  Will it create problems during my VISA interview ?? If my old employer cannot run the payroll now, should I say I am on vacation for those 2 weeks ?? I appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

They need to pay you. They need to do that now if they haven't paid you yet.

If they don't want to pay you, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

And NEVER NEVER NEVER lie. That can end in a lifelong ban.

How can you even think of lying about this???

Will it create problems during my VISA interview ?? If my old employer cannot run the payroll now, should I say I am on vacation for those 2 weeks ??

You are not suppose to lie during the interview. If your fraud employer didn't pay you then that's not your problem, just simple file a complaint against that employer.Simple....!!!

Thank you for keeping me honest!! My question is, (If they are willing to run the payroll now) Will they be legally allowed to run the payroll now (for march period)? (as I am no more on their H1B!!)

Hmm...you mean Backpay when you are no longer working with them..i'm sure its a DCC...and I dont think you can do that...illegal stuff.

Archived