Possible to expedite my GC for citizen son's health?

mbk

I work for an Indian company and I am currently on H1 in Massachusetts and have received my I140.  

My son, who was born in the US in 2005 was diagnosed with leukemia a few months ago and is undergoing treatment in MA.

Is there any way to expedite my GC application (filed 2011)? It's critical that I stay in the US for my son's treatment.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

I work for an Indian company and I am currently on H1 in Massachusetts and have received my I140.  

My son, who was born in the US in 2005 was diagnosed with leukemia a few months ago and is undergoing treatment in MA.

Is there any way to expedite my GC application (filed 2011)? It's critical that I stay in the US for my son's treatment.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

It is such an important issue and you are asking a forum. You should have contacted an attorney by now to explore options.

First, you don't "work for an Indian company."

You work for a US company. It may be a branch of an Indian company, but it still is a US operation. Only US operations can file H1s.

Second, your GC wouldn't get expedited. Treatment for leukemia is available in your home country as well.

First, you don't "work for an Indian company."

You work for a US company. It may be a branch of an Indian company, but it still is a US operation. Only US operations can file H1s.

Second, your GC wouldn't get expedited. Treatment for leukemia is available in your home country as well.

what if doctor's doesn't recommend traveling??

seriously omshiv? Kid getting cancer means sun is shining? If you don't have anything to offer, don't post. Think for 2 seconds before posting.

you have a approved I-140..you can get H1 extensions. Why are you soo much bothered about GC....rather directly ask for Citizenship because of the reasons you have mentioned.

really???

Do you understand what OP is going through??

Cmom..dont get emotional just because someone mentions health issues...there could be 100s of them here in a sorry situation as OP...atleast he has approved I-140 and can get H1 extensions and can also expect GC anytime.

And as JoeF mentioned...that can be cured even in his own country. No big reason that would move UCSIS to approve their GC sooner.

Cmom..dont get emotional just because someone mentions health issues...there could be 100s of them here in a sorry situation as OP...atleast he has approved I-140 and can get H1 extensions and can also expect GC anytime.

And as JoeF mentioned...that can be cured even in his own country. No big reason that would move UCSIS to approve their GC sooner.

I am not emotional. I agree that OP make a mistake by asking how to get GC at this situtation, but your post was inappropriate

@ Op, I understand your concern ,attorney can be your best guide

@ OTHERS who dont think twice before posting

This isnt about emotions - its about taking care of a sick family member who is a kid. If you are not a parent, do not comment that people want to take advantage. 

You havent gone through the emotions of being a parent , and CANNOT understand what a parent goes through.

A simple example is, it takes a toll on your job taking care of family (running back n forth to hospitals /treatment centers  /Dr visits ) and you are being told to look somewhere else from ur peers/mgrs.  

This isnt about emotions - its about taking care of a sick family member who is a kid. If you are not a parent, do not comment that people want to take advantage. 

You havent gone through the emotions of being a parent , and CANNOT understand what a parent goes through.

A simple example is, it takes a toll on your job taking care of family (running back n forth to hospitals /treatment centers  /Dr visits ) and you are being told to look somewhere else from ur peers/mgrs.  

How does getting a GC help cure OP's child? What difference is that going to make?

I dont mean to sound rude or disrespect OP's feeling for his child. And I sincerely apologies if Ive hurt anyone. But I dont feel it correct on the reasons he mentioned to get GC.

Sure it takes a toll to care for a sick family member.

But what does that have to do with getting a GC?

The toll doesn't diminish with a GC.

There simply is no way to expedite a GC based on a sick family member. Period.

if you are on visa and your GC is not yet in your hands and your job security isnt unlimited - as you are on visa  - you are not a citizen/GC holder

On top of it, you are taking care of your sick child - what would a parent ask

OP asked a genuine question 

You judged him downright with your MAKE HAY post

And your apologies has to goto OP  

Sure it takes a toll to care for a sick family member.

But what does that have to do with getting a GC?

The toll doesn't diminish with a GC.

There simply is no way to expedite a GC based on a sick family member. Period.

I agree with you

But you cannot make fun with make hay statements 

A parent is asking for directions, dont judge/make fun.

as a general note: the reason GC is most imp for most immigrants is bcoz dont have a job security and are afraid of loosing staus. US has lot of opportunites to get a job even if you take off from work for a year or two (NOBLE REASON TO TAKE OFF FROM WORK). Without GC, this is not possible for an immigrant. So please dont judge people early becasue they ask a question about GC (bcoz most people think that immigrans are taking away us jobs and tell us not to expect a PR bcoz we came to us only on a temporary visa.) My perosnal goal is to start and own a company and hire at least 50 people in the first 6 months. i cannot do it bcoz i dont have a PR.

Mr MBK, since you have our I140 approved you will get an extension on your H1B, it could be an year or three years. the only problem you might face is while changing job to a new employer (please find out more about what to do when you plan to change a job in your current situation)

as a general note: the reason GC is most imp for most immigrants is bcoz dont have a job security and are afraid of loosing staus. US has lot of opportunites to get a job even if you take off from work for a year or two (NOBLE REASON TO TAKE OFF FROM WORK).

Again, that has nothing to do with the sickness of a family member.

What is more important, the family member or the job? "The GC is the most important thing?" You need to adjust your priorities.

And job opportunities exist in lots of places.

Again, that has nothing to do with the sickness of a family member.

What is more important, the family member or the job? "The GC is the most important thing?" You need to adjust your priorities.

And job opportunities exist in lots of places.

As n again I said, easier to judge from outside, rather being in OP shoes.

Archived