Need help - Visitor Visa

vkgandhi84

Hi,

My wife and I both are on H1-B visa. We would like our parents to come here and stay with us. Is visitor visa the best option?

If yes, what are the basic steps? How and when should I start the process? Should we sponsor them or they should be their own sponsors?

Can we sponsor visitor visa for our siblings as well? I have a younger brother. My wife has an elder brother, an elder sister and a younger sister.

Any help and guidance is really appreciated.

"Stay with us" implies you want them to live with you.

The USCIS as well as other websites have detailed instructions for all types of visas. Google is your friend.

Note that many apartment complexes and cities have occupancy limits so plan trips carefully.

Hi,

My wife and I both are on H1-B visa. We would like our parents to come here and stay with us. Is visitor visa the best option?

If yes, what are the basic steps? How and when should I start the process? Should we sponsor them or they should be their own sponsors?

Can we sponsor visitor visa for our siblings as well? I have a younger brother. My wife has an elder brother, an elder sister and a younger sister.

Visitors are allowed a max of 6 months to stay in US. Your parents have to apply and there is no sponsorship involved. If both of you guys' siblings are working then they can apply.

Thanks for the direction.

I have few questions.

Should we file/sponsor visa to our parents or they should do it by themselves? I mean to ask which of this scenario has higher chances of getting visa approved?

Siblings are settled in good jobs. Can we file/sponsor for them as well?

Can some one please provide me some guidance?

Thanks for the direction.

I have few questions.

Should we file/sponsor visa to our parents or they should do it by themselves? I mean to ask which of this scenario has higher chances of getting visa approved?

Siblings are settled in good jobs. Can we file/sponsor for them as well?

Can some one please provide me some guidance?

It is better they apply with their documents. VO would like to know whether they are capable enough to take care of expenses to visit US and whether they have strong ties to their home country. If your parents convince VO they will get a visa.

Hi,

You have both the options, they can either self sponsor or you can sponsor them. If your parents are retired I would recommend you sponsor. Same with your siblings. Both my parents were working and my sister studying when I sponsored their visa and all of them got approved.

You have both the options, they can either self sponsor or you can sponsor them. If your parents are retired I would recommend you sponsor. Same with your siblings. Both my parents were working and my sister studying when I sponsored their visa and all of them got approved.

On DS-160 we have section for sponsor of trip.. if my parents put my name there does that make I134 mandatory? is there any difference / relationship between that question on DS160 and I134 ? 

Archived