Passport return time

mmaq10

How long does it take to get the passport back once the visa has been approved. Here is my timeline

VISA INTERVIEW: OCT 7 10AM

STATUS CHANGED TO ISSUED: OCT 10 (PIMS delay)

Still waiting for airwaybill number. Does any know how long does it take to get our passport back after the status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued?

Thanks

Ali

How long does it take to get the passport back once the visa has been approved. Here is my timeline

VISA INTERVIEW: OCT 7 10AM

STATUS CHANGED TO ISSUED: OCT 10 (PIMS delay)

Still waiting for airwaybill number. Does any know how long does it take to get our passport back after the status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued?

Thanks

Ali

As you status is showing as "ISSUED" you should able to directly pick up at relevant loomis location today. Go to loomis by End of today and request them nicely for your passport with the reference number. You don't need to wait for WayBill number.

Hey @mmaq10,

I had an interview on Oct 15,2013 @Ottawa and VO told me that I am approving your H1B visa but I don't get your petition so techincally it's not approved as I don't see it on screen, but it shouldn't be an problem. Once we get your petition , we will stamp it. It could cause some delay but he didn't specify how many extra days. He gave me paper to track down passport. He didn't give me 221g, just fyi.

You have mentioned "STATUS CHANGED TO ISSUED: OCT 10 (PIMS delay)". Can you please tell where did you see that status update? is it on ceac state gov website? If I see my case over there, it says "Administrative Processing".

Can you please reply to it?

Hey @mmaq10,

I had an interview on Oct 15,2013 @Ottawa and VO told me that I am approving your H1B visa but I don't get your petition so techincally it's not approved as I don't see it on screen, but it shouldn't be an problem. Once we get your petition , we will stamp it. It could cause some delay but he didn't specify how many extra days. He gave me paper to track down passport. He didn't give me 221g, just fyi.

You have mentioned "STATUS CHANGED TO ISSUED: OCT 10 (PIMS delay)". Can you please tell where did you see that status update? is it on ceac state gov website? If I see my case over there, it says "Administrative Processing".

Can you please reply to it?

Hi Shah/  MMAQ10,

In a similar situation. Had my interview on Oct 16. Officer said "approved" but petition info not available in system and yes the same "technically i can stamp it only when info is available" was said. Leads me to believe we may hav had the same interviewer :) So i've waited over the weekend and am still waiting on an update. The url provided by the officer shows no waybill # and the ceac.state.gov site shows administrative processing as the status (tho no 221g was issues). Question - Did you receive your passport ?

• 3 months later...

Hi Shah/  MMAQ10,

In a similar situation. Had my interview on Oct 16. Officer said "approved" but petition info not available in system and yes the same "technically i can stamp it only when info is available" was said. Leads me to believe we may hav had the same interviewer :) So i've waited over the weekend and am still waiting on an update. The url provided by the officer shows no waybill # and the ceac.state.gov site shows administrative processing as the status (tho no 221g was issues). Question - Did you receive your passport ?

I got 221g white slip? Please let me know when I will get an update

Archived