221g Chennai Blue Slip

ravipro

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The status of my visa in CEAC has been changed to Issued today morning. Here is a brief history of my journey:

Visa Interview Date: August 26, 2013

First Case Update Date Change: September 20, 2013 (Still in AP)

Submitted Passport: October 18, 2013

Second Case Update Date Change: October 25, 2013 (Issued)

On October 18, I got an email asking to pick up some documents from the VFS office in Hyderabad. Along with the documents, I also received another 221g asking me to submit my passport which I did on the same day.

I received my passport today with the visa stamp finally. A happy ending to a tireless ordeal. Hope I will not have to ever go through this again! Thanks one and all for the inputs and strength during my ordeal.

@jagan4ru,

Any update on your 221 g? I also got the below email from US Travel docs today. I am trying to find out what does mean by this email. I am having my passport with me. But this email sound that my passport is ready to pick up. 

Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX, 

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate 

The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location: 

Chennai, No 3 Cenotaph Road, Chennai, 600018 

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

@jagan4ru,

Any update on your 221 g? I also got the below email from US Travel docs today. I am trying to find out what does mean by this email. I am having my passport with me. But this email sound that my passport is ready to pick up. 

Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX, 

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate 

The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location: 

Chennai, No 3 Cenotaph Road, Chennai, 600018 

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

@gitasankar Any updates regarding your 221g? Did you receive anything from the Consulate? Were you asked to submit your passport?

Hi Guys

I am in similar boat to you guys

Blue slip from chennai .  ( Adminstrative processing)   - H1b

Interview : 7-Nov-2013

VO : Asked for client letter. I didnt have client letter .

I told I work from my Parent office in US, Client is in differnt location in US.

I can give Master service agreement (MSA) and Statement of work ( SOW)

He took h1 docs like i797 i129 , didnt take MSA and SOW.

I came back to home in chennai.

4 hours later on same day: I got call from chennai consulate and asked for client letter.

I told: i dont have . 

So the person on phone said , that i can submit MSA and SOW . I submitted to the consulate on same day 7-Nov

Guys, let me know what would would be the probable end result.

I have Engineering degree and 6+ yrs of experience. My documents are clear.

I have been hired for company in US , midsize - around 30 employees. Client is ok.

What should i do next? how long shud i wait? Any inputs folks?

Thanks.

I received my passport today with the visa stamp finally. A happy ending to a tireless ordeal. Hope I will not have to ever go through this again! Thanks one and all for the inputs and strength during my ordeal.

Hello RaVI,

I also received 2 emails from travel doc, It seems my situation also same like you, I have to visit and see what they say, because my CEAC status also did not change, could any body suggest me, what could be the situation?

When I attend for interview the office said that my visa has been approved and i said thank you sir and came out but after few minutes the officer called to my cell phone and said that i have to verify one more document, could you please come back, as soon as i went inside the office asked me I-797 after that he saw my all previous I-797 documents from file, he said that's ok , please give me all documents i provided he verified some time and gave blue slip said that he has to verify few more things.

Thank you

Chandra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I am also in the same boat.

SEP 16 --> attended interview (Chennai). Requested some document to submit.

Oct 21 --> Submitted all document given by my lawyer with passport.

NOv 6 --> Received another 221g with passport saying Additional Admin Process.

Dec 12 --> Status updated but same Admin Process.

My client was contacted on 22nd Nov.

• 3 weeks later...

@Bajarang16, I got email after that and i received another Blue slip asking for vendor agreement between my company and Client, and i submitted on the same day on Nov 13th, when they took vendor agreement document they took my passports as well but i don't know why they return again after 2 days with another blue slip which is saying administrative processing, after that i haven't heard anything until now, still it is showing Administrative processing,

does anybody has any update recently?

Thank you

Chandra

Hi All,

I attended interview on 20 Nov.
The interview was for about 15 mins, later after waiting for an hour or so, I was interviewed by Indian lady. She took all my documents and told me to meet the VO officer who took my interview.
VO officer gave me a 221g blue slip, in that it is Checked in the check box which states “Your application requires additional administrative processing before final decision can be made.”
They did not ask for any additional documents.
After few days, my client was also contacted.

I got a call from chennai office 2 days back. In the call they told me that there is a courier for me and asked me as from where I can collect it, “either from chennai consulate or bangalore VFS office. Since am in bangalore, I told them to send it to Bangalore VFS office.
They told that once the courier reaches VFS office, i’ll be getting mail, but they didn’t provide any information on the documents present in the courier, also when I check the status in “https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx%E2'>

I guess I have to wait till I get an e-mail.
Here are some of my questions
Any idea if this is a positive sign?
Did you also get a call from chennai office to collect the docs?
Sending the documents back, does it mean that my visa is issued or do they send the docs back if visa is rejected also?

A bit worried and hope its not rejection. I pray for getting my visa approved

Here my 221g Journey:

I have attended my H1B (first time H1B) interview at Chennai consulate and got 221g blue form. Here is the timeline detail: 

Mine is EVC model.

11/25/2013 - OFC appointment

11/26/2013 - VISA interview (Issued 221g blue - asked one additional document from employer and AAP ticked, VO kept all my original documents except educational documents and returned passport).

12/9/2013 - Submitted the documents along with passport.

12/13/2013 - Passport returned with another 221g blue sheet (just ticked AAP and mentioned case number (no case number on initial 221g blue form) ).

01/02/2014 - Sent an email to support-india@ustraveldocs.com to request case status.

01/03/2014 - They have returned all my original documents and 221g documents. Issued another 221g blue sheet requesting submit the passport.

I will be submitting my passport on 01/06/2014.

I hope they won't take too long to make final decision on my case (CEAC site still showing my case status as "Administrative Processing).

Here my 221g Journey:

I have attended my H1B (first time H1B) interview at Chennai consulate and got 221g blue form. Here is the timeline detail: 

Mine is EVC model.

11/26/2013 - VISA interview (Issued 221g blue - asked one additional document from employer and AAP ticked, VO kept all my original documents except educational documents and returned passport).

12/13/2013 - Passport returned with another 221g blue sheet (just ticked AAP and mentioned case number (no case number on initial 221g blue form) ).

01/02/2014 - Sent an email to support-india@ustraveldocs.com to request case status.

01/03/2014 - They have returned all my original documents and 221g documents. Issued another 221g blue sheet requesting submit the passport.

I hope they won't take too long to make final decision on my case (CEAC site still showing my case status as "Administrative Processing).

@tallGuy

Congratz on clearing 221g Admin Processing.

I attended interview on 20 Nov and got 221g blue slip, in that it is Checked in the check box which states “Your application requires additional administrative processing before final decision can be made.”
They didn't ask for any docs.

I got a call from chennai office 2 days back. In the call they told me that there is a courier for me and asked me as from where I can collect it, “either from chennai consulate or bangalore VFS office. Since am in bangalore, I told them to send it to Bangalore VFS office.

Not sure as whats there in the courier. I got to wait till I get mail from the consulate.

Can you please tell me if, even you had got a call to collect the courier package and if you are from bangalore, how long did it take to get the courier shipped from the chennai consulate to bangalore vfs office?

Did they send you mail to collect the documents? If any, what was the content of the mail?

@ Savi19,

I'm not from Bangalore. I didn't get any call from US consulate. I got an email (from ustraveldocs) saying that the documents were picked up from consulate and ready for pickup as I have chosen Chennai OFC as my documents delivery point. So, i went there on same day and collected my documents. I have submitted my passport today at Chennai OFC. I hope they will make a decision soon and issue VISA.

@tallGuy

Congratz on clearing 221g Admin Processing.

I attended interview on 20 Nov and got 221g blue slip, in that it is Checked in the check box which states “Your application requires additional administrative processing before final decision can be made.”
They didn't ask for any docs.

Not sure as whats there in the courier. I got to wait till I get mail from the consulate.

Can you please tell me if, even you had got a call to collect the courier package and if you are from bangalore, how long did it take to get the courier shipped from the chennai consulate to bangalore vfs office?

Did they send you mail to collect the documents? If any, what was the content of the mail?

Passport submitted on 6th January 2014.

2nd Status Update on 7th January 2014, was still showing "Admin Processing".

3rd Status Update on 8th January 2014, status changed to "Issued".

Picked up the passport on 9th January 2014.

All the best for the folks who have been waiting for ending of their 221g nightmare.

Here my 221g Journey:

Mine is EVC model.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I had my visa interview on Dec 19. Still waiting with blue slip AAP @ Chennai consulate. My client was contacted on Jan 10th. There hasn't been much movement after that. Other people's successful experiences are giving me some hope. Are their any other alternatives at this point? This vacation to India is turning out to be one of the most horrifying experiences for me!

• 3 weeks later...

@221gblue slip.

Did you get any update in your case?

I opted for IWP and submitted my documents on Jan 30 for my H1B Renewal. My documents were returned and was asked to attend for interview at chennai consulate..

i attended the interview on Feb 03 along with my wife and the VO said AAP is needed and gave me a case number. I have not got any update till date.

• 2 weeks later...

@Bajarang16, I got email after that and i received another Blue slip asking for vendor agreement between my company and Client, and i submitted on the same day on Nov 13th, when they took vendor agreement document they took my passports as well but i don't know why they return again after 2 days with another blue slip which is saying administrative processing, after that i haven't heard anything until now, still it is showing Administrative processing,

does anybody has any update recently?

Thank you

Chandra

Here my 221g Journey:

Mine is EVC model.

10/18/2013 - OFC appointment

10/21/2013 - VISA interview (Issued 221g blue - asked one additional document from employer and AAP ticked, VO kept all my original documents except educational documents and returned passport).

11/13/2013 - Submitted the documents (Vendor Agreement document) along with passport.

11/18/2013 - Passport returned with another 221g blue sheet (just ticked AAP and mentioned case number (with new case number on 221g blue form) ).

01/24/2014 - last updated date has been changed but the status was still same as AAP

01/31/2014 - last updated date has been changed but the status was still same as AAP and got one email saying that to collect my documents

02/03/2014 - They have returned all my original documents and 221g documents. Issued another 221g blue sheet requesting submit the passport.

02/06/2014 - my status has been changed to Issued and got Visa

Now I am back to USA, working for the same client..

I would like to Update my case status

Visa  : H1B (  2nd Stamping ) 

OFC : 5th Jan 2014

Interview : 6th Jan 2014

CEAC Case date : 6th Jan 2014

I was given a 221g Blue form for administrative processing by the Visa Officer. Client approved letter ( was not in company letterhead ) , my employer letter addressing to USCIS, I797 and I129 were taken by the consulate at the time of interview.

Updates : 

1) Client verification happened on Jan 29th  and the client responded immediately with in 2 days.

2) First Date Change : Feb 6th , but status still  showed Administrative Processing.

3) USCIS emailed to pick up my document on Feb 13th . Collected my documents on Feb 14th and was asked to submit my passport through another 221g. I submitted my passport on the same day ( Feb 14th )

3) Second Date Change : Feb 19th , but status showed Administrative Processing.

4) Third Date Change : Feb 21st , Status changed to Issued.

5) Collected my Passport with Approved H1B Visa on Feb 22nd.

This Forum thread was so much helpful for me to track and judge my case . Thanks So much to folks who updated their case . 

I request every one to update their case, so that others can make a good judgement for themselves. Hope everyone soon comes out successfully  from the 221g . 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I went to interview on 27th Feb.

VO asked me couple of questions and gave 221g blue slip and told administrative processing is needed.

He kept my orginal I-797 document and client documents and told they need to verify client. And told it will take couple of weeks and will everything is ok, we will ask you to submit your passport.

But till now I didn't have any update.

How they will contact us.. will they send any mail.

Hi hkr2014,

My case is also similar and I went for interview in the same time. 3rd March I went thru lot of posts and it looks like most of the folks got first update in a month or so.

Can you confirm if yours is a EVC model or EC model?

I will update my case status if there are any changes.

As of now our best bet is to keep checking the case status in the below link.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Let me know if you get any update on ur case.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi hkr2014,

My case is also similar and I went for interview in the same time. 3rd March I went thru lot of posts and it looks like most of the folks got first update in a month or so.

Can you confirm if yours is a EVC model or EC model?

I will update my case status if there are any changes.

As of now our best bet is to keep checking the case status in the below link.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Let me know if you get any update on ur case.

My client/employer were contacted, they have responded and there were couples of updates last weeks.but status still shows AP. The chennai counslate hasnt reached out to me no idea whats happening,

Hi 

I got 221g Admin review blue slip.

I went to interview on 17March2014. I am working EVC model and contacted employer, Vendor and Client by USCIS. The status was updated many times ( at least 4 times) but no email or response from US consulate. If anybody got update please post here.

Archived