221g Chennai Blue Slip

ravipro

Interview date: Aug 26 2013

Called the Chennai consulate today and they said they have sent some document and that I need to collect it. Was not able to get any information on that document. Passport tracker says the following:

Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery.

However my passport is with me only.

What could this document be and what does the status mean? Please help

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ravipro : I think probably you will get all the documents the consulate has kept after the interview and ask to submit passport. Hope you get the visa stamping. Please do update us , I am also in 221g blue 

aap. Can you share your interview experience?

My interview was very brief. The VO asked me about my company, my client and my role. Asked me where I live and where I work. I work in a EC model with no layers mumbo-jumbo. The interview with VO lasted 2 minutes and was asked to wait. After about an hour or so, an Indian lady called me to a different counter and asked me a lot of my history in the US and took all sorts of documents I had. I conversed with her for about 30 minutes after which she had a brief chat with the VO. Then, the VO called me and gave me a 221(g) blue slip saying that they dont need any additional documents from my side but need to do further processing.

Interview Date: 08/26/13

First Case Update Date: 09/20/13

I called Chennai consulate yesterday and they informed me that they had sent over some documents to me on 10/09 and that I need to act accordingly based on the document I receive. Neither the helpdesk nor the consulate are giving me any information about the docs itself. Looks like I have to wait it out.

Hi @ravipro,

I also got 221 g from Chennai on 07/23/2013 and I have been still waiting to hear from them. 

did you call the Chennai consulate directly by using their contact number?  I called them few times and they didn't provide any information to me. They simply told me to keep in touch with US Travel docs to know the status of my 221 g. Then they disconnected the phone while I was talking further.

Can you please share the phone number which you used to talk with Chennai Consulate and Is there any specific day/timings to call them? 

My interview was very brief. The VO asked me about my company, my client and my role. Asked me where I live and where I work. I work in a EC model with no layers mumbo-jumbo. The interview with VO lasted 2 minutes and was asked to wait. After about an hour or so, an Indian lady called me to a different counter and asked me a lot of my history in the US and took all sorts of documents I had. I conversed with her for about 30 minutes after which she had a brief chat with the VO. Then, the VO called me and gave me a 221(g) blue slip saying that they dont need any additional documents from my side but need to do further processing.

Interview Date: 08/26/13

First Case Update Date: 09/20/13

I called Chennai consulate yesterday and they informed me that they had sent over some documents to me on 10/09 and that I need to act accordingly based on the document I receive. Neither the helpdesk nor the consulate are giving me any information about the docs itself. Looks like I have to wait it out.

@RaviPro  was your client contacted for verification ?  My interview was pretty much similar to you except that the desi girl officer went inside and had chat with vo and she herself gave 221g blue. There are no case updates for me ,it is still showing the interview date sep 05. I am also in EC model.  

@RaviPro  was your client contacted for verification ?  My interview was pretty much similar to you except that the desi girl officer went inside and had chat with vo and she herself gave 221g blue. There are no case updates for me ,it is still showing the interview date sep 05. I am also in EC model.  

AFAIK, my client was not contacted as of today. I am not even sure what documents are being sent to me. The only original document they have from my side is my I797A and all others are a bunch of photocopies. I am also hoping they will request my passport for stamping similar to what I have seen in some other cases.

AFAIK, my client was not contacted as of today. I am not even sure what documents are being sent to me. The only original document they have from my side is my I797A and all others are a bunch of photocopies. I am also hoping they will request my passport for stamping similar to what I have seen in some other cases.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated, there seems to be some movement in your case. Any news since they mailed you the documents? Were you requested for your passport?

Thanks for keeping this thread updated, there seems to be some movement in your case. Any news since they mailed you the documents? Were you requested for your passport?

Due to the long weekend, there has not been much movement on my case. I hope to see some positive movement this week. When I am trying to track the documents, it still shows that they are with Chennai OFC and not yet been mailed out. Will update this thread once I get updates.

I collected my documents from the VFS office today and was given another 221g blue slip asking me to submit my passport. I submitted my passport on the spot itself. The personnel at VFS office said that I can expect back my passport in a week's time.

However, my status still shows Admin Processing in CEAC website.

I collected my documents today from the VFS office and by God's grace I was asked to submit my passport. They returned back all the documents (both photocopies and original) along with a 221g Blue slip asking me to submit my passport. I submitted my passport at the VFS office then and there. The VFS person said I can expect to receive my passport in a week's time.

I collected my documents today from the VFS office and by God's grace I was asked to submit my passport. They returned back all the documents (both photocopies and original) along with a 221g Blue slip asking me to submit my passport. I submitted my passport at the VFS office then and there. The VFS person said I can expect to receive my passport in a week's time.

Thanks for the update, that is very useful information. I guess you can finally heave a sigh of relief! Were you able to eventually determine what triggered the initial 221g? Or is that still a mystery?

Thanks for the update, that is very useful information. I guess you can finally heave a sigh of relief! Were you able to eventually determine what triggered the initial 221g? Or is that still a mystery?

I changed three employers in 1 year due to some unforeseen reasons. I am assuming that might be the reason. I just can't think of anything else which might have raised a red flag.

@Ravipro,

Congratulations that your 22 g has come to end. I appeared for the interview just one month before you. But I am still waiting. Your case is giving hope for me. Thanks for your update on this thread. 

Thank you for the wishes. I sincerely hope your ordeal comes to an end soon as well. How is your client keeping up?

I appeared for the H1B visa interview on 07/23/2013 at Chennai and I got 221 g Blue slip. There was no change (in ceac website) till yesterday on my case. Today I see that my Status Updated Date got changed to 21-Oct-2013 form 23-July-2013. I am hoping that I will hear something from Chennai Consulate soon. 

I appeared for the H1B visa interview on 07/23/2013 at Chennai and I got 221 g Blue slip. There was no change (in ceac website) till yesterday on my case. Today I see that my Status Updated Date got changed to 21-Oct-2013 form 23-July-2013. I am hoping that I will hear something from Chennai Consulate soon. 

Great news! I hope and pray for a speed decision. Keep us updated.

gitasankar,

for me it's updated 2 times (5th july and 29th july)

interview date : 13th june 2013

docs submitted date :20th june 2013.

21st Oct 2013 i got below email( us govt shutdown might effected in my case)

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate
The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXXXXX
You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

I feel they might taken some decision on my case. waiting for further communication.

The status of my visa in CEAC has been changed to Issued today morning. Here is a brief history of my journey:

Visa Interview Date: August 26, 2013

First Case Update Date Change: September 20, 2013 (Still in AP)

Submitted Passport: October 18, 2013

Second Case Update Date Change: October 25, 2013 (Issued)

On October 18, I got an email asking to pick up some documents from the VFS office in Hyderabad. Along with the documents, I also received another 221g asking me to submit my passport which I did on the same day.

Archived