All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
singh125

Speeding ticket

Hi all,

I had a speeding ticket few months back.So do I have to answer yes to any of the security questions mentioned in DS-160 for H1 b stamping process?

Thanks,

There is no question about speeding ticket in DS-160 form. However if you were taken to prison for speeding due to XX reason and you have to mention yes in the column where it says have you ever convicted ... 

Hi all,

I had a speeding ticket few months back.So do I have to answer yes to any of the security questions mentioned in DS-160 for H1 b stamping process?

Thanks,

Only if you were arrested or were convicted in a court of law.

Hi all,

Thanks,

No way.....your visa will be denied irrespective of your answer

Please stop asking these questions. I am not being mean here. How can you relate speeding ticket to security?

Please stop asking these questions. I am not being mean here. How can you relate speeding ticket to security?

Maybe he was speeding near the White House...

It was a normal speeding ticket and I was found guilty...paid the fine and case is closed. But it came in my record.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? 
Have you ever violated, or engaged in a conspiracy to violate, any law relating to controlled substances?

These are the question I was talking about. So answer is:  Yes or No?

It was a normal speeding ticket and I was found guilty...paid the fine and case is closed. But it came in my record.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? 
Have you ever violated, or engaged in a conspiracy to violate, any law relating to controlled substances?

These are the question I was talking about. So answer is:  Yes or No?

Were you arrested or taken to court? If yes, then your answer has to be YES.

You mean to say it came in your driving history record. Since you were not convicted or went to jail the answer to that question is NO.

Hi singh45,

Any update on this one?

Your experience could really help others in similar situation. Your response would be really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.