Visa Approved at Calgary - Oct 7th

sateeshchadrach

Hi All,

Thank you all members who posted their experiences and thoughts for Visa which helped my preparation.

Background: Came to US on H1 in 2009. Extensions for twice(2011-2012, 2012-2015). Going for Stamping on second extension. Married with two Kids(US citizens both). Working for a reputed client under EVC who doesn't give letter at all.

Visa Experience: I travelled to Calgary on Saturday for a monday Appointment. Took a hotel in Downtown to avoid travel time on appointment day as it gets crazy traffic in Calgary especially on a Monday morning (these are the words from a cab driver). Took a visit to Visa Office on Sunday to get a glimpse and understand how to enter etc. Though doors were closed I could get a close look at Security office.

Appointment at 8AM. I reached at 7AM with wife and Kids. I was refrained from entering into Consulate as I was having stroller along with me. Security asked to come back before 12. I took a ride back to hotel and was back by 8AM. After security checks I waited for 10mins.

There are 4 counters only one for H1 is being called rest for passport and finger prints going on. I was called in advance as I was with kids (same time my elder kid started being cranky).

Interview Questions:

Are you coming for same Visa or new one?

What is your highest degree?

Who is your employer?

What does he do?

Do you work at client?

What do you do?

Asked about education qualifications to my wife and tried to interact with my kids on a funny note.

Gave paper with Loomis info and said "Your Visa is Approved, you can leave now" .

Me and my wife are still in shock to hear the great words. We said thank you and left the premises.

Around 6 people were interviewed before me and all their visa were approved at the same counter. Even their interviews were short. I believe no one was asked for any documentation.

Now in Cloud 9 awaiting Passport pickup. Will update you guys upon any news +Ve or -ve (Still keeping fingers crossed until I pick up my passport). :)

Thanks again for all the members.

Hello,

I also got Visa approved that is on Oct 4th..... Just want to know what status it is showing for you when you check online?

Mine is showing Issued but havent got any Waybill number yet..... so was hoping to get it by today or tomorrow.

Can you post me about your status about the Passport.

Thanks

Pavan

Hello,

I also got Visa approved that is on Oct 4th..... Just want to know what status it is showing for you when you check online?

Mine is showing Issued but havent got any Waybill number yet..... so was hoping to get it by today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Pavan

Mine is also not updated yet with way bill number. But the application status says issued.

hi,

did it show like below for u guys??

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Application ID or Case Number:     XXXXXXX
Case Creation Date:     10-Oct-2013
Status Updated Date:     10-Oct-2013

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Hello,

Thanks

Pavan

hi can you plzz let me know where u looked "" Issued """ ?/

I had my H1 visa interview on October 11, 2013 at 8 AM. I went to the consulate around 7:45 AM. I submitted my DS 160 confirmation copy and passport at the security check and they checked my folder and asked me to open even the transcripts (which are supposed to remain sealed) as a part of checking. After this process, security guard guided us to the 10th floor and after the security check. we were asked to sit in the office. There are only four counters for Non Immigrant Visas. I was asked my DS 160 confirmation, I 797 and passport. My DS 160 confirmation had VANCOUVER embassy address in it because I wanted to book a slot for that. The officer (not the visa interview officer) asked me about this and he wanted to do some verification which according to him would take 10 min. But it took 20 min and then he called me and said everything looks good and stamped 'PIMS cleared'. He asked me to be seated again and I would be called for finger prints soon (Usually both document check and finger printing would be done in single shot if they are no issues like mine). My turn for finger printing came and I waited again after that. With in a few minutes, I was called for the VISA interview by a lady in counter 4. (This is the only counter where the VISA interview happens (based on another persons interview which happened a day before me))

Myself: Good Morning

VO: Good Morning, What is the name of your client

Myself: xxx

VO: What do they do

Myself: yyy

She did not understand what I said about the company :( But, she was not annoyed :)

VO: Do you work at the client site?

Myself: Yes Mam

VO: Does your employer pay you on time? Any issues?

Myself: No issues mam. Never ever.

VO: Did you get one of these (pointing to a labour rights document of some sort)

Myself: NO (Then she gave me one)

VO: your visa is approved. 

Myself: THANK YOU :)

VO: you would get your passport at loomis in 3-5 business days.

Myself: THANK YOU.

My suggestions, The VO is good and she would approve the visa unless people really screw it up. GOOD LUCK :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived